The Swanson's Solana

that0neguy1126;634937 said:
That sucks, sorry to hear.

You could also move the power head closer to the front of the tank and angle it back further so it's out of reach if you put another nem in there.
Yea I'm trying to figure out if it went free floating and got stuck or climbed that rock near it. Only the nem knows lol.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
How long had he been in the tank? was he attached to the rock before? If so I doubt he went floating and my guess would be he climbed the rock near it.

First night in the tank. I set him in the opposite side of tank with pumps off for a while. He attached to a rock at the very bottom and stayed there until sometime in the night. I knew he would move around but I didn't imagine all the way up to the top and the other side.

How old is that tank? Looks pretty new. Just curious as to what you meant about almost time for fish when you've already intrduced inverts and other corals to the mix? Was that a personal preference or do you not know it usually gets setup the other way around?
Good luck

There is no way that tank is setup yet to support the stuff you have put in there and it be sustainable for long term success. I'm not busting balls but I really care about the creatures lives.

timnem70;635010 said:
There is no way that tank is setup yet to support the stuff you have put in there and it be sustainable for long term success. I'm not busting balls but I really care about the creatures lives.
I don't believe you know the first thing about the tank but thanks. I am sorry for the powerhead incident.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
timnem70;n635010 said:

Kind of hard (impossible) to make statements like that. There are many ways to speed up a cycle; existing tank water, live rock from other tanks, livesand, even natural seawater. Without knowing the numbers for NH3, PO3, PO4, etc it's difficult to say if the tank is ready for creatures. There is also nothing that says that fish need to be introduced first. There are a handful of studies that show fish help corals survive there is no direct proof.

To each their own. There is no rules in this hobby (well aside from the chemical ones and physics of stuff).

Reef, have you invested in a test kit and watched the nitrates, phosphates, and ammonia over the last few weeks?

All the salt water was pre-existing salt water. All the rock was pre-existing live rock and all the sand was pre-existing sand. I tested for ammonia and phosphates and nitrates all held steady there was never a cycle.

Just checked on my fuge after a month. Small ball of chaeto from Munch turned into a second chamber completely filled with chaeto, pods,brittlestars etc. this is my first nano so super excited this can work. No
algae at all in display.

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Well if you run across the site, let me know. Google didn't turn up anything that seemed like the right thing. The puck I've got on mine feels warm to the touch, and it makes me a bit nervous with the fire possibility. So I'm in the market

Round two with anemone. Put the powerhead up high and away from rocks. Also turned it down at night, hopefully stays put this time. New clowns hope they find the anemone sometime.