The Time has come for Pizza, Beer, and tank moving!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Tank is in the basement!!!! Had to remove the stairs, a support column, vent, some plumbing and a few other things to get it down there. Thanks to Scott, Ken, Ben, and plus a few other non-club friends, we got it down in the hole. No one got hurt, and with a minimum off scratches. Really couldn't have done it without the assist of our awesome club members!!! Thanks guys!

Had to set the tank to the side for now, taking up half the room, and leaving the wrapping on it for now. Next step though, is for me to finish the tile on the stand, so I can get it in its final resting place.
Pics to come, but too freaking tired, and relieved, to fumble with that right now.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Some construction pics.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Andrew_bram;n658251 said:
What no water yet. Your killing us. How many gallons is it again.
Haha, gonna be awhile for that. Its 640g

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
What no picture of my lowering it down into the basement. Just kidding!!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Andrew_bram;n658300 said:
Wow do you know how much pee your gonna need for the cycle.
haha.. a quart or two im sure

scchase;n658301 said:
What no picture of my lowering it down into the basement. Just kidding!!
Ya we should have had one person be photographer, I was too busy trying to keep it from crushing you guys lol Especially you, since you were literally putting your back into it :tea:

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
LOL, I looked at picture #4 and thought that was the stairs that had to be moved out of the way......then it hit me, that's the freaking tank!!!!!!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Haha, ya it looks a bit odd. Its still wrapped in paper and a few rolls of packing tape. Ill take all that off once its on the stand to protect it from scratches as much as possible.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Haha. Where there is a will, there is a way!! I didnt want to ever be one to say "I should have gone bigger", so I designed it to be the absolute max size I could fit in the space. An inch bigger in any direction and it wouldn't have been possible to get it down here. I spent many hours toiling over the dimension on this thing and still had a few unexpected issues trying to get it in, namely the stairs, but it is down here to stay now

zinovate

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
You know your going big time when you have to remove elements of your house to get the tank in.
Nice job guys.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can't wait to see it with water and fish! Looks like a pretty awesome tank!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk