The Versatile Frag Plug Project.

spinycheek

Featured Sponsors
Featured Sponsor
I've been spending almost all my time getting the first two pieces into production and haven't been able to prototype much. However, I'm finally done! Those are now on the market and shipping. I can start work again on the other parts.

This is the latest project for the softie smasher. It's a dual material attachment with removable, rubbery netting. This should work better than the previous design. I got the frame prototype today and can start making the netting portion. I should have something semi-functional within a week.

spinycheek

Featured Sponsors
Featured Sponsor
It's a little different than the original design, but it seems to work pretty well. I just need to make tweaks on the main chassis for the net holder.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Coming out nicely. Curious to see those in action

rjl45

Clown Fish
I saw your advertisement on the nano-reef forum. It caught my eye because the discussions here and went to your website. Your site looks great! A little feedback for your ad though. The black rotating 3d model of your plug does not "STAND OUT". It's too dark to see much of the detail and kind of looks like a black blob, until you look closer. If I were average Joe, probably wouldn't have known what it was. I would recommend changing the color scheme a little.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

spinycheek

Featured Sponsors
Featured Sponsor
rjl45;n652673 said:
I saw your advertisement on the nano-reef forum. It caught my eye because the discussions here and went to your website. Your site looks great! A little feedback for your ad though. The black rotating 3d model of your plug does not "STAND OUT". It's too dark to see much of the detail and kind of looks like a black blob, until you look closer. If I were average Joe, probably wouldn't have known what it was. I would recommend changing the color scheme a little.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
Thank you for the feedback. I suck at advertising, so that really does help. I had planned on updating my site with actual photos this weekend, so I'll include a banner ad change as well. I should have much more visually interesting stuff coming along in the next few weeks.

-Ben

spinycheek

Featured Sponsors
Featured Sponsor
I am actually working on this today. I'm moving from a non-movable single piece to a springy clamp tool with moving parts. I kept having poor performance with the designs I was making, so although slightly more complex to make, the newer sps-clip should work way better. So rather than chasing something that seems doomed, I'm taking a new path.

spinycheek

Featured Sponsors
Featured Sponsor
Fitz19d;n653294 said:
Any updates on the sps frag gripper thing? I've got some little 1 inch or less frags I'd love to test them on.
If you want, I can get you a sample of my original design while I work on the next version.

Tango

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Crotalus;653370 said:
If you want, I can get you a sample of my original design while I work on the next version.
I am waiting on sps holder also have some frags I want to put on plugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Up to you, I'm not quite what i'd say in a rush. They are just sitting on a rock in my QT so they are fine at the moment. I was also considering a trying a method on RC a few years back with sps dangling them from fishing line in the tank. Gets more light and flow supposedly on all sides and makes for good growth?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Crotalus;n653338 said:
I am actually working on this today. I'm moving from a non-movable single piece to a springy clamp tool with moving parts. I kept having poor performance with the designs I was making, so although slightly more complex to make, the newer sps-clip should work way better. So rather than chasing something that seems doomed, I'm taking a new path.
Sometimes hard to walk away from something you put a lot of time into, but usually it's for the best. Look forward to seeing the new design

spinycheek

Featured Sponsors
Featured Sponsor
I put up a page on the website that has various 3D printable files. You can download the STL files yourself to print, or you can outsource the printing with a company called Shapeways (there's a button that takes straight to them). I have 7 things on there now, but will adding more each day and I'll make sure to throw the original SPS clip up there so you can have something in the mean time.

Plus, I'm sending in my paperwork to sponsor MASC this week. Then I can actually link to things.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
OOO another excuse to go buy my own printer :silentbob: Kickass!