1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

The155BowFrontBuild

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by TheRealChrisBrown, Sep 29, 2018.

1. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

They are 3 electronic ballasts, been a while since I messed around with them so I forgot the specs and brand. But they work, and they light the bulbs.

neil82 likes this.
  2. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

I have some frags as well by my phone crashed and lost your number so shoot me a text.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Check out these screens to prevent jumpers! DIY with a heat gun to bend the frames to match the curve of the bow front. Also had to heat the 90 plastic corner pieces to open them up to a larger angle. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

SynDen, Balz3352 and kchristensen8064 like this.
  4. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Dang, that looks good! You could make some side cash selling those!

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  5. Legonch

Legonch Emerald Reef Supply M.A.S.C Club Member Featured Sponsor

6. TheRealChrisBrown

There was more cursing than I'd like to admit to. And more than once I told myself it felt more like a quilting project than a reefing project....trying to keep those mesh lines straight.

7. TheRealChrisBrown

Thank you, I'm ready for some wrasses!! ;)

8. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

9. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

Good job! Looks great!

10. TheRealChrisBrown

Thanks guys, I'd say it was a labor of love....but then I'd be lying.

11. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Let me know if you need some acetylene next time.

12. neil82

neil82 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

Still on track to kick this off on Friday?

13. TheRealChrisBrown

I think so! My tentative plan is to transfer everything into the stock tank on Friday and then move the tanks on Saturday, and glue all the PVC...give it 24 hours and then hopefully fill and start the 155 bowfront for reals on Sunday!

14. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Genius work with the heat gun to bend the frame!

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

15. TheRealChrisBrown

Thanks! Wish I could take credit for it, but there was a thread I was copying on one of the national forums. I'm really happy with how they turned out...especially with my yellow coris wrasse jumping to his demise a while ago.