1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

The155BowFrontBuild

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by TheRealChrisBrown, Sep 29, 2018.

1. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Special HUGE huge HUGE thanks to @kchristensen8064 and @Legonch for showing up at 9:30am on a Saturday and helping move the tanks and stands around. I don't like to get all in touch with my emotions and feelings, but one of the greatest aspects of MASC are peoples willingness to lend a hand on a task that isn't particularly fun and can be quite difficult at times. So again thanks, it really means a lot!

As for the update, the PVC glue is drying as of a few minutes ago. The old 150g has been sold and is in my garage awaiting a clean out and reseal for new owners. Fish and corals are chillaxing in the living room, I'll probably wait until noon or so on Sunday to begin filling and putting everything back in the 155 bowfront!

Light at the end of the tunnel???

2. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Can't wait to see the new tank with water and life in it!

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  3. Legonch

Legonch Emerald Reef Supply M.A.S.C Club Member Featured Sponsor

That tank is going to be beautiful! You did a great job on the reseal and the stand. Can’t wait to see it up and running!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

4. neil82

neil82 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

Very cool. MASC buddies to the rescue!

5. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Tank upstairs empty:

[​IMG]

Tank full and running, no leaks!:

[​IMG]

Up and running with t5’s:

[​IMG]

Up and running MH and T5, aka The Full Monty:

[​IMG]

Glamour Shot (wife standing on a chair for elevation):

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

flyfish, neil82 and kchristensen8064 like this.
  6. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Looking good!

7. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

I have some ponape birdsnest that broke off last night as soon as you are ready.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8. TheRealChrisBrown

Awesome, thank you!!

9. Legonch

Legonch Emerald Reef Supply M.A.S.C Club Member Featured Sponsor

10. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Looking like it’s comig togeather!

11. TheRealChrisBrown

Thank you, the rock work leaves a lot to be desired...but I was just working to transfer it in there, I'll need to work on the rocks. I was more concerned with leak detection, having enough water on hand (which I didn't totally have), making sure the fish all made it, and not totally squashing corals.

At least it is up and running, the rocks can get placed later. I've got to finish the stand, and I definitely need a canopy of some kind....or a bunch of sunscreen for the living room! I might try to figure out a floating canopy...

12. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

I have 60 gallons if you need it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

13. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

The Tank looks great! Are going to be putting any fans on it?

neil82 likes this.
  14. TheRealChrisBrown

I might be, I like the ones that @kchristensen8064 posted that are made for theater cabinets. But we will see today when the MH runs today for their first full 4 hours over the tank.

neil82 and JuanGutz like this.
  15. halmus

halmus Prawn Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

The tank looks great! Congrats on the successful move.

16. TheRealChrisBrown

Thank you again for the MH and ballasts....I still owe you and I haven't forgotten!

17. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Looks great! Are you planning on putting a skin on over the stand frame? Maybe magnetic panels or something?

18. TheRealChrisBrown

I am, I am actually thinking of using that stacked stone stuff that you attach like tiles. And then wood doors on the side what would give access to things like the ballasts. Much to my wife's chagrin, I am going to move my storage of "fish stuff" somewhere else. Although she seems opposed to the dining room table where it is currently, but I think we have a cabinet nearby where I can make some room.

Home Depot had some of this, I like the look of it:
    california-gold-stacked-stone-panels.jpg

19. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

That stuff looks nice. It will get heavy fast though and it might be a bit of a pain to clean too. Salt somehow seems to get everywhere. Something to think about.

20. TheRealChrisBrown

Right, stupid salt creep! Being a natural stone product I could always pressure wash it....in my living room....wife watching & saying "I don't like this plan!"...

Lowes apparently has something called LiteStone which is a man made product which is lighter and probably plenty durable. I have to check it out.