1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Thinking of adding another clownfish

Discussion in 'Fish' started by neil82, Aug 26, 2018.

1. zombie

zombie Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

This^ unless you got unlucky and the smaller one has already turned female before you got it. If that happens the aggression will not stop until the smaller one is dead or removed from the tank.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

neil82 likes this.
  2. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

ya thats true. If they are both female, then its 'Thunderdome'

neil82 likes this.
  3. neil82

neil82 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

I will keep an eye on this for sure.

4. neil82

I'm curious about how many folks have success pairing up two clowns from different sources. Seems like purchasing a pair is a readily available and popular option.

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  5. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Over the summer I got a large Gold Nugget maroon to successfully pair with a tiny Lightning maroon that was getting picked on in Juan's tank. Getting a pair that is already paired up is easier....did you see Charlies (@Haddonisreef ) pair he was selling. They looked pretty sweet!

kchristensen8064 likes this.
  6. neil82

I think I still have a chance with these two working out. I did see Charlie's pair for sale and that is super tempting, but I want to keep my female. I've had her a couple years and she was tank bred by a club member a couple years ago.

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.