Trimming my bush

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is a copy of my ad on reefcentral:

Its time to trim my bush!

Up for sale are golf ball portions of Gracilaria hayi. Here is a picture of the colony
(the red macro)

More info on the macro can be found here:
http://www.algaebase.org/search/spec...0&from=results

This macro grows relatively fast however I wouldn't consider it invasive. Invasive to me is a macro which breaks easy, roots itself down easy and smothers other inhabitants. Because this macro grows fast it does require regular pruning. This macro is rather rigid so it does not break easy. It has also only grown out from itself, in other words I have not had it reattach to nearby rocks, the colony you see is only attached to the frag plug it came in on, nothing else! This macro can be grown in the display tank or refugium. Not sure if herbivores will munch on it since I have none in my system. It is very possible you will receive amphiods/copepods with your frag.

I am selling it for $15 shipped on RC. If anyone locally wants some I will sell portions to masc members for $5 - must pickup by Sunday at the latest.

I am available every night after 6pm and most the weekend.

thanks

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just had to read this post! Now that's marketing!! :)

I'll take some if you have a chunk left.... good deal....

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;91542 said:
Wana ship some to me?
I can do that. I am shipping out all my RC orders next Monday, I can ship yours then as well. They are being shipped usps flat rate box which is 5 and some change. If you want to paypal over $11 shoot me a PM with your address and I will send you the paypal address.

Thanks

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sure, you're welcome to come by. I am available weekdays after 6pm and most the weekend. PM me for my address and lmk when you want to come by.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
btw Kris, that macro that looks like flames is growing nicely under those chinese LED's hehe.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I may need to grab a clump when I drop off your book if you have some still. I'm free all day Saturday just let me know when is good for you.