1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Trochus snail breeding

Discussion in 'Inverts and other Marine Animals' started by Lmmchops, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Lmmchops

Lmmchops Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Finally caught one in the act after seeing all sorts of baby Trochus snails popping up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using MASC mobile app

Matt_Arian, Haddonisreef and SynDen like this.
  2. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

That’s awesome you are getting babies! I’ve had them spawn a bunch of times, but I never get babies. I’m guessing I’ve just never had at least two spawning at once (assuming it takes two to tango with these snails).

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

Lmmchops likes this.
  3. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

This is result of trochus breading in my system. This came out of the drain line. If you have long runs or bends make sure you keep it free and clear. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lmmchops likes this.
  4. Matt_Arian

Matt_Arian Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

5. Lmmchops

Yeah I definitely will be keeping an eye on the drains

Sent from my SM-G892A using MASC mobile app

6. Lmmchops

7. Matt_Arian

Funny thing is that we're listed on their website, but hardly anyone knows about them here.

8. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

We've had a few members over the years that have, or do, participate on there, but its a small group I think

9. Matt_Arian

Oh I know, just not as prevalent as it once was.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app