1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Vortech mp60wqd not working

Discussion in 'Vortech Powerheads' started by MuralReef, Nov 27, 2017.

1. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

So today I noticed that one of my mp60's is not running and it is emitting a high pitched beeping noise. The LED in the control knob is also blinking on with the beeping. None of the buttons are responding. I tried unplugging it both the wet side and dry side seem to be able to move freely. I plugged in the other power supply from my second mp60 and it did the same thing. Could the drivers be shot? Does anyone have experience with this?

2. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

Never mind the driver is fried! I just swapped out the old driver for the QD driver and everything is working fine. I will be sending this one back to Ecotech.

3. neil82

neil82 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

Did you get in touch with Ecotech? The one time I reached out to them they were very helpful.

4. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Bummer. How old was it? Hopefully they take care of you.