Watchman Gobies

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got Seth's pair of watchman gobies about 2 weeks ago. They were full grown and had laid eggs before in Seths tank. Last night, the male died. I am unsure as to why, I checked my parameters and everything is stable and with in range. Temp: 78-79, ammonia: 0, Nitrites: 0, Nitrates: 0, phosphates: 0.00, alkalinity: 9, Calcium: 440, Magnesium:1400, I feed daily: LRS reef frenzy and reef chili.

My biggest question is, can I put another male watchman goby in the tank and will they pair up? Or will they fight?

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just spoke with Seth. He said I just need to find a sexually mature male, 1.5-2.5" in length and I should be good. So, anyone have a Male watchman that fits that description for sale?

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I found a watchman that fit the description. Got the watchman in the tank, the female came out to greet and within 2 minutes, they are sharing the same cave :)

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ya, she's a floosy. Lol

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Males tend to be brighter in color while the females will be more muted

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;354390 said:
Males tend to be brighter in color while the females will be more muted
Yup. The female also tends to be larger. My female is grey with no yellow but still has the blue dots. However, they are all yellow until they reach sexual maturity. So, when they are small, it's almost impossible to tell which is male and which is female.