Wave maker

I'm interested in finding a small wave maker set up for a 75g tank. More interested in something that is compact and high quality. I've looked at the Hydor Koralia, Red Sea Wavemaster pro, and Ecotech Marine VorTech. Does anyone have feedback that would be helpful on what works best for the price and would anyone possibly have something to sell?

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
At reef stock there was a new Hydor Koralia wavemaker that was going to be on the market soon. Super small and I really liked it. I think the guy said it was coming out in May. Yet a could be mistaken... I am sure someone on here will help me out with a correction if I am wrong...

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ecotech gets my vote. Space saving, electricity out of the water, controllers are awesome, and their customer service is top notch. I got mine used and broken and they fixed it for free. I just had to send it to them. Haven't had a problem since.

Very nice! I'll try to find one used and maybe broken :). When you pay more you get the awesome service. Do you think one of the 40's would work well on a 75G?

spstimie;87857 said:
Ecotech gets my vote. Space saving, electricity out of the water, controllers are awesome, and their customer service is top notch. I got mine used and broken and they fixed it for free. I just had to send it to them. Haven't had a problem since.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Surfer;87863 said:
Very nice! I'll try to find one used and maybe broken :). When you pay more you get the awesome service. Do you think one of the 40's would work well on a 75G?
that won't work very well if your serial number is out of warranty ...at least it didn't for me they weren't even willing to give me a discount for ordering new parts

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Surfer;87863 said:
I have had one MP40w in my 75, but I am trading this weekend for a MP20w to add. I will upgrade them both to MP40es pretty quick. I have an sps display though, so lots of flow is necessary. How much is your return and what are you keeping?

dv3;87869 said:
that won't work very well if your serial number is out of warranty ...at least it didn't for me they weren't even willing to give me a discount for ordering new parts
Warranty policy may have changed. This was an original unit, right when the MP40w was released.

rangerbobb

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
MP40s will be more than enough flow for a 75g. I have 2 on my 90g and they are turned down to 75% or less depending on the mode. Full power creates sand ripples from the undertow and **** everything off.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
2 mp40's cause some pretty serious waves at 100% in my 125. I have mine at 90% - once more starts filling in and decreasing flow I will hit 100% though...

120greefman

You could probably find a tunze nanowavebox for cheap and it would work great on the 75g. Takes up a little space in the aquarium but for the price it would be nice. I just sold mine for 190.

No SPS yet and i'm using VHO lighting. When I upgrade to LED in a few months ($) I would love to add a few SPS. I'm pushing about 675gph thats split in 2 at the return outlet. I'll be upgrading my pump to an Eheim 3000 soon and that will add another 100gph.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes, I should have mentioned, I don't run at full power and I will be opposing the controllers.