We're back... for a bit

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just thought I'd share some pics from the trip. Bought the land, interviewed 3 local builders, waiting on their project proposals now...

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
H2O_intolerant;294625 said:
I'm jealous. Are you guys building a house?

Sent from my tablet using a rock and chisel
Yep. Interviewed builders after we closed on the land. The price is actually going to be less than we thought.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Don't completely know yet. Will have a better idea when the proposals come in. We liked one builder more than the other two, and he came highly recommended by a good friend that lives there. He knows what the other two builders said the ballpark price would be, and he was confident he could do it for less than them. It helps that he owns the building supply store in town. LOL.

Wow! Love those dive shots!

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Good_GReef;294645 said:
Wow! Love those dive shots!
Cabo Pulmo is a world class dive spot. Marine reserve, so protected waters. The fish are fearless. We saw turtles, garden eels, groupers, skipjacks, hawkfish, crown of thorns starfish, porkfish, grunts, porcupines, huge angels, tangs... you name it, it was out there. Incredible experience. Even saw whales at the surface, out in the distance.

H2O_intolerant;294668 said:
Is that a grouper?

Sent from my tablet using a rock and chisel
Yep.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
hahaha!
We thought about getting a goat, cuz they're so dang cute & cuz we like goat's milk, but it's not worth all the work to try and contain them, plus in order to produce milk they have to keep having babies. Pretty soon we'd be overrun with goats.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FinsUp!;294698 said:
hahaha!
We thought about getting a goat, cuz they're so dang cute & cuz we like goat's milk, but it's not worth all the work to try and contain them, plus in order to produce milk they have to keep having babies. Pretty soon we'd be overrun with goats.

Or you sell/trade the goats :p

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
That thought occurred to me, but I'm not sure how much of a market there is for goats there, what with a whole herd of them roaming wild. The ones in this pic go most anywhere they want to, and don't seem to belong to anyone.