What do you feed your diamond goby?

larryl

Clown Fish
My diamond goby seems to be doing fine so far with whatever he's getting from sand-sifting, but I'm worried he'll deplete the available food faster than it can replenish itself. What do folks do for supplemental feeding? He seems only mildly interested in PE mysis, and will go after flake food but it looks like most of what he grabs just goes right out his gills.

Thanks!
Larry

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not sure about the diamond as I have a watchman. The watchman has a similar eating habit in that she sifts the sand. But all my fish including the goby, go nuts for LRS Reef Frenzy.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
what size tank do you have him in? How established is it? The bigger the tank, and the more established it is, the more likely it is that he'll get fat and happy on what he sifts out of the sand. If it's a brand new smaller tank, then I'd be more worried. If that's the case, feed a 'sinking' food that will get down to him. If he doesn't go straight for it, he'll eat it as he sifts.
We (over)fed our tanks frozen food from Elite, and never had an issue with hungry fish. But then one was a 180 and the other was a 300, and had huge sumps to filter the water.

larryl

Clown Fish
He's in a tank with a sandbed that's pretty well established but fairly shallow and only 36" by 24". He's doing a really good job of keeping the sand clean, which is why I wondered about depleting the food supply.

I keep hearing great things about the LRS foods, I've been meaning to get some but have been trying to use up my current stockpile of frozen food first.