What(who) gives?!

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok I've given out a crap ton of coral and not one of those has been re-DBTC'd. The whole purpose of this is to spread the wealth. If no one follows through with the promise to share what was shared then why would I want to continue giving frags? I have 2 ready to DBTC but I won't do it until I see people following through with DBTC. Yes I understand sometimes stuff melts or what not but not likely that everything I've given has melted. I apologize if maybe I missed the post where someone shared what they got.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lies. I gave out 2 frags of the CAR's you gave me at the last DBTC meeting. I am planning on trying to make 2 more frags, but they are in a hard to reach area until the spread some more.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
that0neguy1126;204086 said:
Lies. I gave out 2 frags of the CAR's you gave me at the last DBTC meeting. I am planning on trying to make 2 more frags, but they are in a hard to reach area until the spread some more.
Very nice and good for you; though how would I know this? DBTC meetings are not DBTC posts. Now everyone will say "I gave at the last DBTC meeting" yeah right lol

Glad someone followed through, where's the rest?

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thats the problem. You have to have faith in the system. Does it get abused? Yes, can we stop it? No. We do our best, and I believe we have a good group of people that do try and follow the rules.

I very rarely post my DBTC's as most of them are given out to others as they come by the house. I used to post give away's on the forums, but don't do that as often anymore.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I haven't taken any from ya but I've returned two pieces of every DBTC I have received with the exception of the red digi I got from Derek which I had recieved just prior to crashing my tank. It survived and is just now getting to the point I can start to frag it and will. Some people do give back.

I have to say though Gabe you give some of the sweetest and I with as many as you have given i would think I would have seen or remembered some being returned. I think your feelings are valid.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
My Zoas melted. I think they were Aogs. I bought some more to replace... Those melted, so I gave up

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
What if I buy them from you and then give out frags to DBTC...that's spreading your corals either way....lol

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
At least for me I rarely grab DBTCs off the forum and rarely post them as well just due too living in Loveland and rarely having people pick them up when I do post them so instead I generally bring a ton to the DBTC meetings just ask anyone thats been.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
2sweet;204099 said:
What if I buy them from you and then give out frags to DBTC...that's spreading your corals either way....lol
you really are 2sweet :)

i just like to share and when I hand out a DBTC in my mind I see it shared over and over and feel warm the smiles of my fellow hobbyists as they gaze at the frag they plopped in their tank. Then a year later no one shares unless they have brown polyps they decide don't belong in their tank. I get it's an honor system and of course not everything will make it for whatever reasons. That doesn't mean all of it didn't make it. I gave out 20something frags in February. You're saying all of those are gone? Or all the ones Virgil gave have melted? If that's the case people need a new hobby killing that much coral...

Thank you to those who actually gave back.

Derek I am cutting you a frag of WOW pallys or scrambled eggs. PM me which ones you want. Thank you for supporting the program and helping someone out!

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That macro you hooked me up with has made it's way around nicely...I posted a couple portions, and have also given away some to anybody that's come to see my tank and commented on how sweet that macro is. ;)

The CARs you gave me are likely going to be brought to the meeting...gotta pick up a new pair of tile pliers next week...the 2 dollar pair I found at a garage sale last month broke in the middle of cutting frags a couple weeks back.

It'd be great if everyone going to the dbtc meeting would post what they're bringing in the thread...that way everyone could see what's recirculating. I haven't been around DBTCing long enough to cry foul about the frags I've given away and haven't shown up...but it'd be nice to see them come back around one day for sure.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
For the DBTC meeting, the ones that are DBTC for me that i am recirculating are...

Green monti w/ purple rim
Orange monti
CAR's (if I can get to them to frag)
Alpha Omega's

The other ones I am bringing will be new ones that traded LED's to Don for.
Sunset monti
Green Slimer
Cali tort

And then also bringing a small frag of Pink lemonade.

G

The red planet I got from you hasn't grown a mm since I plopped it in my tank. It actually turned green, so i just moved it to my new MH setup to see what happens.

Otherwise, I have given out a few of my own DBTCs (people eaters and flower petal monti off the top of my head) on the forum, but many more (birdsnest, acro, mohawk zoas, purple deaths) non-advertised. I havent seen any of those back around yet, but Im not too worried about it. At least we know we did our part.

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have given a ton of DBTC corals. No idea if they have all been passed on. I know that some have. I have never taken a DBTC.

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a rogue coral eater in my tank. As soon as I find him he is sump bound. Ate the pink lemonades I got from ya!! And pipe organ I got from 2sweet. effer is makin me mad. Anyone have a red light and want a free emerald crab or 2?

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've paid back every DBTC I've received. I'd recommend you keep a list of who you gave what too if you really want to track it. Every coral I give, or sell for $5, is one less coral coming out of the ocean. That's good enough for me.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Don't look at me, I have not posted one in a while but that is because I am saving things up for the DBTC meeting. :)

Cherub;204077 said:
Ok I've given out a crap ton of coral and not one of those has been re-DBTC'd. The whole purpose of this is to spread the wealth. If no one follows through with the promise to share what was shared then why would I want to continue giving frags? I have 2 ready to DBTC but I won't do it until I see people following through with DBTC. Yes I understand sometimes stuff melts or what not but not likely that everything I've given has melted. I apologize if maybe I missed the post where someone shared what they got.

While I haven't taken any coral from a DBTC ( and have unsuccessfully posted a sea hair DBTC) I would like to thank you and all the MASC/SCMAS members who have. I will be at the meeting on saturday and if possible I will try to notify the folks I recieve a DBTC from when I complete the process. Once again thank you and I hope that your trust in the DBTC system will be renewed and validated soon. - Troy

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've tried posting a few things lately and got 0 responses. It's like people want high end stuff for dbtc instead of anything else.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've recieved two dbtc one from Tabasco (pink zippers) but the frag isn't smooth and I tried to frag it for this week and killed three polyps :/ the other is a mushroom rock from reefmaster one came off and that'll be there sunday but how do I get another one off?
Also first time ever fragging and I suck killed cars and zippers any help would be great! Was able to get two car frags one kedds reds and coco pinks plus Xenia and stuff.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I alluded to this in this post. http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?14514-DBTC-Annual-meeting

The DBTC program - if combined with the annual meeting - is a trading program. Otherwise it's a give corals away program with nothing in return. Let me simply explain. If I pay back my two corals at a DBTC meeting... I get two tickets in return in which I can pick more coral.

If I give it back on line, I get to make a silly game or rule, or as pointed out give it back without a rule - but the point is I get nothing in return. I paid back my DBTC corals on-line, days after that post, look if you want... but more to just be done with it.

But it's more noticeable when one is giving back extreme corals, and has an opportunity to get more unique corals back in return -- of course to pay back.

You'll see I am bring plenty to this meeting on Saturday. Even so, who I pick each coral from isn't documented. The corals on the board don't say who it's from. None, and I mean none had the pee cup or bag marked from the one meeting I went to at the car dealership. I see that is a change for the better on the instructions for this meeting. On a different note, I don't recall if it's a steadfast rule, but I prefer not to have a signature on my posts. I do see how many list what they got, and have given there.

Bottom line is there is plenty of room to take advantage of this program, for good and bad. If the particular flaws impede anyone from participating in, or continuing in, the program, that's ones choice. I think it is a good, successful, and thriving program that is meeting all of its tenants and goals. My opinion, but there is plenty of activity on the forms, and at these meetings.