Whats wrong with my clown? Ick, velvet or brook?

Hey everyone, I can't seem to figure out whats wrong with my clown. I had 2 but the other one just died after giving it a freshwater dip, but I think it was too late for that as it was looking not so good before I did the dip, but I figured I would give it a shot either way. This other one improved after the dip though. Anyway I can't figure out which one of the diseases it is. I originally thought ich, then brook, but now I'm not so sure anymore as everything I read conflicts.

It eats and swims and is active and not hiding or swimming weird, just doesn't look so great.

I've had the pair for 6-7 weeks now or so and just in the past week I noticed the white dots, which made me think it was ich, but then I read up on brook and they matched some of the symptoms like stringy white poop so I thought it was that, but its been a week and I see that brook kills in less than 3 days so thats why I don't think its that, but then this other clown died while the other one didnt seem as phased.

I only have a yellow watchman goby in the tank besides the clown now, would it be best if I set up a qt tank and put them both in or what? I really don't know what I should do. no corals in the tank, just live rock and sand and clean up crew.
View attachment 22969
thanks

greeleyram3

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had the same problem with my first set of clowns and ended up losing both of them. I tried ich attack and it did help temporarily but when I got my 2nd pair they got this as well and the only thing that helped was a freshwater dip for me. I dipped mine for about 4 minutes 2 days in a row. I haven't had this problem since.

alright i'll try another freshwater dip tomorrow for the one thats alive. im in the process of setting up a 10gallon qt tank for him and the goby just in case.

salinity is at 1.026 and im using a basic hydrometer. i keep meaning to buy a refractometer but it hasn't happened yet. i use the exact same amount of salt every time i make a 5 gallon bucket of RO water.