Where can I get a pistol shrimp locally?

Hi, I didn't notice any rules as to what you can and can't post threads about, so sorry if this is not allowed. I was just wondering if anyone knew a store within 20-30 miles of aurora that has any pistol shrimp in stock? Looking to get one and a yellow watchman goby but i know where i can find those.

thanks

Awesome good to hear, I wonder whats up with their employee's then? I called and they said they had just one. When I went to pick up some clownfish, we asked for some help and we told one of the kids we had a budget of $40-60 per fish and he showed us these $29 clowns and that was it, then walked away. I'm glad we looked in the anemone tank and saw the black ones in there, otherwise we might've walked out with nothing instead of spending $120 on 2 clowns and an anemone. love the store and the people are super nice, they just don't seem eager at all to sell things lol

Definitely going to go tomorrow to pick up a pistol and a watchman goby. possibly a royal gramma if they still have any.
thanks for the help.

thanks for the info, I just came back from aquamart and they did in fact have a whole bunch of them and different kinds. I ended up getting a tiger pistol + yellow watchman goby that were already paired up and only $30 for the both of them, awesome.

BryanF

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
bananaphone;341468 said:
thanks for the info, I just came back from aquamart and they did in fact have a whole bunch of them and different kinds. I ended up getting a tiger pistol + yellow watchman goby that were already paired up and only $30 for the both of them, awesome.
Glad to help. Did you see the shark egg they were selling? I've never seen one of those for sale...

I did not, I was so focused on getting the shrimp and goby that I didn't look at anything else while I was in there. plus, I didn't want to spend any more money lol. I did want to see if they still had the octopus or if someone grabbed it but I totally forgot about it.

The shrimp and goby are acclimated and in my tank. Only problem is they got separated when I put them in and now they are separated from each other and the shrimp has already hid in a rock. I hope they find each other again, they were already paired in the tank at aquamart.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Todd's has an mimic octopus.

Nice. He also had a pea**** mantis shrimp last week when i went in, I wonder if anyone grabbed it yet.

So I'm pretty bummed. The Goby and the Pistol have each taken shelter under separate rocks and I can't get the pistol shrimp out of his. I hope they somehow find each other or my anemone moves so i can move the rock he's under to try to persuade him to move. If not, looks like I'll have to hope they find each other again or just wait until I upgrade the tank to a 75/90 gallon in the future and I have to move everything :/

oh, and does anyone have any suggestions for getting Todd in a good mood when shopping at his place? he's always so awkward with me when I try to shop there. I like how close he is to me and that he gets random cool fish all the time, but he just makes me feel so uncomfortable shopping there unlike say aquamart.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The shrimp and goby should find each other on their own. I wouldn't try to force it. Mine were in separate areas for a week or two and I came home one day and they were in the same hole. Best buds ever since.

Well I had the opportunity to move a few rocks last night because my anemone moved a little bit and wasnt touching any of the rocks so i was able to get the shrimp out, put him in a bucket and turned off my pumps and he went into the rock i wanted him to go in originally. now all the goby has to do is get used to the tank and come out from under its rock and they will bump right into each other. literally right next to each other, and at least now the shrimp is near the front of the tank so i can actually see him.

YES, i went and looked at my tank like 30 mins ago and the goby was under the rock the pistol went under. they must've found each other and were probably stoked to be reunited. so happy. i also thought my anemone died but its back to normal. i think its hungry, about to grab it some shrimp.

thanks again for all the help

bananaphone;341592 said:
YES, i went and looked at my tank like 30 mins ago and the goby was under the rock the pistol went under. they must've found each other and were probably stoked to be reunited. so happy. i also thought my anemone died but its back to normal. i think its hungry, about to grab it some shrimp.

thanks again for all the help