Where to have an acrylic tank cut.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyone know where I could have a acrylic tank cut? I want about 8" taken off the top.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: Where to have an acrylic tank cut.

This to big for a jig/guide and a router?

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

I dont have one do you? If so would you like to help?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

I don't unfortunately, but looks like you could get everything you need, router and bits included at Harbor Freight for $60. Just charge Josh $60 and bada bing free :D

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Well maybe I can buy a guide and we can try to butcher mine and if we do good we can do yours

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Plasticare right next to Red and Jerry's can do it. I'm not sure if there is a closer place but they do reall good work.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Ya I dont think I want to throw a 125 on my table saw. Might be a little tricky on the ends of the tank.

algaeman

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Josh, you might be able to convince a large plastics company to do that on their fixed tables. I don't know anyone at Regal any more, but they certainly have the equipment to handle that and could make the cut in about 15 minutes. The issue with making it into two tanks is that the cut needs to be at 90.00 degrees in order to do a weld seam, and it would cost more than a rebuild to make a cast seam (which would be more forgiving on the angle).