Where were you?

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rmougey;96140 said:
It was great for the sponsor to step up, however it is notoriously difficult to pull folks into a meeting during the week unless they are very local to the store. Weekend meetings are always better attended, however that's also the busiest time for the LFS. Sometimes after hours events work best for this type of thing.

I also didn't see much promotion of the meeting other than the sponsor forum? It is entirely possible that I missed the home page announcement though.

It's not possible for every board member to make every meeting (I miss my own meetings periodically due to travel or other events) however there should be official representation from the club. If this was an club event, then at least one board member should have shown up to run the meeting and thank the sponsor, or at the least, one member should speak for the board.

We are getting into the summer months. Folks are outside, tanks are put on auto-pilot, LFS stocks are low and meetings are poorly attended. It will stay this way till October. We really do have a seasonal hobby..... even for the die hards!
+1

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a hard enough time making the meetings when they are planned months in advance.
I was working till 6pm and there's no way I would drive that far north that late when I have to get
up at 4am the next morning. Sorry.

DGPets

Cleaner Shrimp
There was no advertisement other than our post in our Sponsor Forums until two days before the meeting when a copy and pasted version of our post was finally put on the Main Page.
We didn't even find out if we were hosting the meeting until about a week and a half ago.

Very dissapointing after scrambling to organize everything on our end at the last minute to help out the club, and then only two people made it, and not a single Board member.

Thanks to Fish Man and Off the Deep End for coming out, it was a good time talking to you guys at least.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
DGPets;96163 said:
There was no advertisement other than our post in our Sponsor Forums until two days before the meeting when a copy and pasted version of our post was finally put on the Main Page.
We didn't even find out if we were hosting the meeting until about a week and a half ago.

Very dissapointing after scrambling to organize everything on our end at the last minute to help out the club, and then only two people made it, and not a single Board member.

Thanks to Fish Man and Off the Deep End for coming out, it was a good time talking to you guys at least.
Didn't you volunteer to host? I had all intentions, but last minute I was climbing Pikes Peak. Would rather do that anyways.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

120greefman

DGPets;96163 said:

-1. I think most people had some pretty good rational for not making it. I agree advertising was poor but from a marketing perspective on your end this post is going in the wrong direction. Pretty disappointing after reading the last 3 pages of reasons why people couldn't make it.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
To me the bottom line is you set up classes that teach things that are taught everyday here in the club, your intentions were all very good, I just think the potential for getting out info is very limited by the internet being so accessible. Lack of interest, along with a weekday spelled disaster, its a bummer, but also a lesson learned for all involved. We also know the coming months will not be highly attended meetings as the weather keeps people active with other pursuits. I apologize for not being there, I dropped the ball.

bsharpe

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
I was getting ready to move... that sucks, but I do have to say all my fish except one jumper survived! Silly firefish.
My Dendro got stung by a leather in my frag tank and may not make it. Anyone have Dendros?

prolawn_care

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I didnt even know about the meeting or i would have swung by after work... I might have even stopped on Thursday looking for some java moss, cant remember what day it was...

I agree a weekday meeting is simply impossible to have a good attendance at. Thats as far as i'll take my comments.......

Ummfish

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, sorry. The last time I looked at the thread it looked to me like the meeting had been postponed until August, so it was completely out of my head.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
When it comes to club meetings, I have found that weekdays are the worst time for people to make it. Also if note that when the weather is nice, and spring and summer is in the air, attendence to meetings go way down. However, I am suprised to here that no one from the board made it. I did not make it for two reasons. One, found out last minute there was a meeting, and two, it was too far to drive when I get out of work at 6pm.