Will mini maxi and bubble tip fight?

Just got myself a small bubble tip and I placed it next to the long tip anemone. So of course she took of traveling around and settle down next to the mini maxi. Mini maxi doesn't look too happy about this fact, she shrunk just a little bit on that side. So my question is should I attempt to separate them? Or I should leave them alone?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I would think the maxi to have a stronger sting than the BTA. I've never seen a BTA catch a fish, I've seen plenty of carpets swallow them whole so I would think just based on how much quicker and seemingly more toxic a carpets sting is I would assume it would be more damaging to the BTA. Although, given the fact that clowns will host both its very possible they share a similiar mucus structure and my not bother one another.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya general rule, I would keep any different type nems far away from each other especially in this case. The maxi sting is pretty potent and easy to sting the BTA on the foot too, where as the maxi's foot is unlikely to be exposed enough, so the BTA will lose every time.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had a mini maxi and added a bubble tip, they were on opposite ends of the tank and began a chemical warfare campaign against one another... in the end i lost the mini maxi and my bubble tip eventually regrew all her tentacles..... You have to be very careful when introducing different species of anemone to an enclosed ecosystem, keep a close eye on both of them as this is common.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
In general mixing different types of anemones is not a good idea. As mentioned above and in my experience as well even if they do not touch they may end up having some sort of chemical ware ware.