Platinum Sponsor
+100 to yellow choris

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I've got a yellow coris and a checkerboard and neither has touched my red planaria. I was thinking of a six line but they can be so mean.

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey jumping in here...don't mean to hijack the thread, but, I am having an infestation of vermatid snails. I have been kicking around the idea of a halichoeres sp.
I had heard that 6-lines could be very aggressive...
The only thing I worry about are my two cleaner shrimp...the are big...but would a yellow coris wrasse go after them? I love my shrimp.

ialtalal

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
SquidBreath;265663 said:
Hey jumping in here...don't mean to hijack the thread, but, I am having an infestation of vermatid snails. I have been kicking around the idea of a halichoeres sp.
The only thing I worry about are my two cleaner shrimp...the are big...but would a yellow coris wrasse go after them? I love my shrimp.
Yes it may eat your shrimp

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
6 line would be my go to... i never heard of an aggressive 6 line.. and mine never goes more than 2" from the rock work... picks at every crack, crevice, hole and corner in my aquascape.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
SquidBreath;265663 said:
I have a big cleaner that they don't touch. They are pretty well fed though.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
PlumCrazy;265673 said:
6 line would be my go to... i never heard of an aggressive 6 line.. and mine never goes more than 2" from the rock work... picks at every crack, crevice, hole and corner in my aquascape.
Never heard of an aggressive six line? Lol that's like all I've heard :)

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow...
Seems like overwhelmingly good reviews. And one guy even alludes to them eating pest snails!
I'm sold...
Would want to get a pair though...
Anyone have some? :)

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
SquidBreath;265979 said:
Would want to get a pair though...
Anyone have some? :)
I would suggest getting wrasses in quantities of 1, 3, or 5 give the male a harem or leave the male by itself.

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nothing is going to eat vermetid snails. You need to monitor water parameters, kalk paste/super glue their tubes, or manually break the tubes off.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;266523 said:
In large quantities they can cause harm to fish that get stuck in the nets they can make.
They can also annoy corals. Plus the snot nets try create just look bad.

According to me, you can try some natural measures for preventing your tank such as planting the anti pest plants around your tanks like Citronella and Catnip. As Citronella and Catnip produce the fragrance which is unbearable by the pest and it will help to keep the pest away from your 30 gallon tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
FYI, I know I said they are hard to find, but Aquatic Art came through and found them for me. He is ordering me one, so if you are interested you should give them a call maybe you can get in with mine on the next shipment. He is selling them for the same price as live aquaria about 50.

Also, part of the reason it may have been hard to find is some of the list have them listed as Pelvic-spot wrasse.

These are less aggressive than the 6 line, definately a nano tank fish. Everything i read says they are shy thou...

asn-naso;264863 said:
Pink streaked wrasse

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator: