Wrasse for pest control in a 30 gallon.

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Let us know how this guy turns out for you! I may be interested in getting one too in due time... If you don't mind that is

Jeremiah;309612 said:
FYI, I know I said they are hard to find, but Aquatic Art came through and found them for me. He is ordering me one, so if you are interested you should give them a call maybe you can get in with mine on the next shipment. He is selling them for the same price as live aquaria about 50.

Also, part of the reason it may have been hard to find is some of the list have them listed as Pelvic-spot wrasse.

These are less aggressive than the 6 line, definately a nano tank fish. Everything i read says they are shy thou...

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sure thing, I currently have a Wetmorella/Pygmy wrasse (female I think / doesn't have great coloring). I'm going to be putting the Pink-streaked wrasse in with that guy.

My tank is only a 16 gallon so we will see if they get along. Everything I read says they should be fine...the tanaka's is even more shy than the Pink-streaked. He only comes out from his little caves during feeding time.

Balz3352;309619 said:
Let us know how this guy turns out for you! I may be interested in getting one too in due time... If you don't mind that is

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
nelsonpitter;309548 said:
According to me, you can try some natural measures for preventing your tank such as planting the anti pest plants around your tanks like Citronella and Catnip. As Citronella and Catnip produce the fragrance which is unbearable by the pest and it will help to keep the pest away from your 30 gallon tank.
Ok everyone...just a heads up...please don't rely on citronella and catnip to keep AEFWs out of your tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
jahmic;309782 said:
Ok everyone...just a heads up...please don't rely on citronella and catnip to keep AEFWs out of your tank.
Im assuming incense falls into the same category right?

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;309783 said:
Im assuming incense falls into the same category right?
Nah, I burn incense in my house at least a couple times a week and have zero pests in my cube. I'm sure it works.

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jeremiah;309623 said:
Sure thing, I currently have a Wetmorella/Pygmy wrasse (female I think / doesn't have great coloring). I'm going to be putting the Pink-streaked wrasse in with that guy.

My tank is only a 16 gallon so we will see if they get along. Everything I read says they should be fine...the tanaka's is even more shy than the Pink-streaked. He only comes out from his little caves during feeding time.
Did you end up getting this fish? How'd it go?