1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

WTB - 45 gal Cube tank stand

Discussion in 'Equipment For Sale, Trade or Want to Buy' started by Fourthwind, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Fourthwind

Fourthwind Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

My son has decided to venture into the Salt water side of the hobby and is working towards his ultimate goal of having a Black Storm Clown. (will be his prize for exceeding academic goals) So I am going to work with him on setting up a cube tank so he can learn on it's care. The tank I have for him is a 24 inch long by 18.5 inch deep and 24 inch tall. If anyone has a cheap used stand, please let me know.

2. zinovate

zinovate Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

If you don't find one, a 2x4 stand might be a fun project.

Fourthwind likes this.
  3. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

4. Fourthwind

Fourthwind Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

I saw that. I could put a new top on it and paint it. However if I go through that much, I should likely just build a stand. Which Structurally speaking, I am pretty good at. Just not very good at making it look good. Which has become an issue with the wife. She is getting a bit tired of open tank stands all over the house.

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  5. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

That CL one could be worth it for the DJ power strip thing and then re-top it(especially if you offered the guy $10)...What about also buying 2 pieces of granite from Colin here and using it as the new top: http://www.marinecolorado.org/threads/quartz-and-granite.27033/

Just more ideas...

Fourthwind likes this.
  6. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

You could get Ken @High Plains Reefer to build you a small steel stand, and then just make some simple magnetic panels to attach to the outside

Fourthwind likes this.