wtb frag rack

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
Easy to make. Go to home depot get some "egg crate" aka light defuser the white plastic stuff you see over lights in office buildings. Cut it to fit. Buy some good sized rare earth magnets on line or hobby store and use cyanoacrylate the same glue most use fir frags.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
ChrisB;109499 said:
Easy to make. Go to home depot get some "egg crate" aka light defuser the white plastic stuff you see over lights in office buildings. Cut it to fit. Buy some good sized rare earth magnets on line or hobby store and use cyanoacrylate the same glue most use fir frags.
+1 ...if your planning on just buying one reefkoi sells the eshopps frag racks

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
ChrisB;109499 said:

I thought you had to buy special magnets that were coated in a reef safe plastic, so nothing would leach into the water. Don't the ones you find on ebay leach nickle into the water?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
asneiman;109506 said:
I thought you had to buy special magnets that were coated in a reef safe plastic, so nothing would leach into the water. Don't the ones you find on ebay leach nickle into the water?
i have used magnets from lowes with no problems ...not to say its right
i have also used old mag floats
currently i just made some hooks out of egg crate and glued them to the rack

.I will prob end up just buying one, I don't really want to mess with making one....

On another note though....my power head is a korallia knock off...looks the same. I would like to replace the suction cups with a magnet...anyone know where to pick some up? Can I just go to home depot? I'm not sure the size or if I needed a special type to be reef safe.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can't stand Eshopps frag racks....the magnets are far to weak.
My MP40's can blow it off the glass from 3 feet away.
I made a frag rack from eggcrate and magnets from K&J Magnetics
Far superior magnets as compared to Eshopps.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
well if you a naughty person call korallia and tell them the red post broke on your magnet and the will send you a new set for free ...otherwise im not sure when you can buy them unless you mod one of the sure grips they sell for the maxijets

dv3;109511 said:
well if you a naughty person call korallia and tell them the red post broke on your magnet and the will send you a new set for free ...otherwise im not sure when you can buy them unless you mod one of the sure grips they sell for the maxijets
Hahaha not a bad idea....

The back has 3 suction cups...I was thinking of just removing them and glue a magnet...just wasn't sure what kind to use

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
dv3;109507 said:
i have used magnets from lowes with no problems ...not to say its right
i have also used old mag floats
currently i just made some hooks out of egg crate and glued them to the rack
Both good ideas

phillipj2

Butterfly Fish
i have one its acrylic with magnets ill check it when i get home to see the condition its in. If its good you can have it. Were are you located may not be worth the gas.

phillipj2;109532 said:
i have one its acrylic with magnets ill check it when i get home to see the condition its in. If its good you can have it. Were are you located may not be worth the gas.
I'm in parker....I'm not sure where firestone is so I assume its far....thanks for the offer though