ICP water test

Looks like we have a runner. If you are interested in running a tank sample in an ICP it is $15 and we need 30-45ml water. Please post up so we can get a count then announce instructions .

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Stones special price is $15 for locals, please bring cash to make it easy or call him to arrange payment.

I will bring sample tubes, baggies and a sharpie to ID yours. And a cooler.

You have to register if you haven’t done this before, it’s easy and they will email your results ASAP.

@StoneAquatics anything you want to add to make this easier for you?

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I’ll go ahead and do this. So 20-30ml of tank water and how do we get our results just wondering? Email or.

MBX5

Turbo Snail
If I have a test kit from them can I just bring it to the meeting? I would assume since I bought the kit it would be prepaid?

If I have a test kit from them can I just bring it to the meeting? I would assume since I bought the kit it would be prepaid?
If you paid him already I imagine you are all set. Please bring whatever they need to know it’s paid. I imagine the tube it is in and your paper You gout would do this but I would check with @StoneAquatics to be certain.

And I was wrong on the ml’s.

Stone Aquatics said:

I would need 30-45 ml of water, the cost in store is $15. It is pretty simple.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Fixed it in your original post

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I got mine back via email today! Pretty interesting. Anybody have some spare Uranium around, I'm a little low.

I did the test so I could compare the results to my home tests. The same morning that I collected the sample I also tested with Hanna checkers (For Ca, Alk), Red Sea (for Mg) and Salifert kits (Ca, Alk, Mg). The results from the ICP testing were most similar to the Salifert in the Calcium and Magnesium. My Hanna Calcium was way off unfortunately, it read 450 ppm, ICP says 313 ppm, Salifert said 330 ppm. The ICP doesn't return an Alkalinity value, I suspect because alkalinity isn't an element.... I was hoping for an Alk value though to compare the Hanna and Salifert tests.