WTB: skimmer

I am looking for some advice on skimmers. I have a 180 gallon reef tank that I am looking to upgrade the sump and skimmer on. I want a skimmer that fits inside the sump. I am completely baffled as to all the options out there. I mean, do I need a $700 skimmer?? What are people doing out there for their skimmers? I am open to all options but I think looking on my own any further is only going to make things worse.
Thanks for the help!

Blazinjack;199697 said:
What kinda sump are we talking about here?
Blazinjack...nothing fancy. I am looking for a sump that can hold the skimmer. Build in fuge. Dual return ports. Thinking maybe three chambers. Nothing crazy. What were you thinking for a sump??

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh I have a Rubbermaid tub 100 gal. But it's not really an "under tank" sump. Just curious what you were thinking.

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I also have a skimmer I"m looking to get rid of, ASM G3. Another brand option if you're interested. It has as 12" wide x 10" footprint, so it would fit in most 30 gallon plus sumps. Have you thought of DIY? It's really not that hard. When Petco runs their $/gallon sale, it is really cheap as well.