Wtf Reef and Pond!!

robert.talarico

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Came home yesterday from purchasing premixed salt from reef and pond yesterday and did a water change. afterwards I noticed my corals didn't look to healthy. did my routine tests to find out that my gravity was very low. I then tested the water I purchased from reef and pond. it had a gravity of 1.010. Thanks Reef and Pond.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is one mistake I make all time, as a reefer I think it is my duty to never trust a LFS. And always test their water before I put in in my tank. That suck it had to happen to you though. Next time drive down the street to Keys. lol

robert.talarico

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea I've been going there for a while and never had a problem before with my fish only tank. I live closest to fish den. I'm just going to mix my own since fd doesnt have salt

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've had the same problem with them before. I go to elite now. I live close to fish den too.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
robert.talarico;86893 said:
Yea I've been going there for a while and never had a problem before with my fish only tank. I live closest to fish den. I'm just going to mix my own since fd doesnt have salt
Check out Elite reef

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Reef n pond is a joke. Everytime I go in I ask them about their RBTA (same one for months now)
1st time - $175
2nd time - $225
3rd time $275

That's right, these jackwagens are raising the price every other week.

I ran out of selcon a few weeks ago and r&p was the only local store that carries it. I spent $20 and knew that didn't sound right so I checked my marine depot receipt from my previous order, $10. I understand lfs has overhead but 100% retail markup is ludicrous. Then about a week later I openened it up to use it and it was all clumpy.

Needless to say they will no longer get my business if I can help it. I venture up to elite reef for all my lfs needs.

Sent from my Droid Incredible.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;86908 said:
I ran out of selcon a few weeks ago and r&p was the only local store that carries it. I spent $20 and knew that didn't sound right so I checked my marine depot receipt from my previous order, $10. I understand lfs has overhead but 100% retail markup is ludicrous. Then about a week later I openened it up to use it and it was all clumpy.
try oceans apart for selcon ...oh and i believe marine depot is actually a LFS in cali somewhere too

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;86911 said:
Nah, I will just talk to CJ or Heather about carrying it.

Sent from my Droid Incredible.
+1

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;86916 said:
...oh and i believe marine depot is actually a LFS in cali somewhere too
No, I have been there. They are not a LFS. They do have parking lot sales on discontinued and returned items occasionally.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
spstimie;86946 said:
No, I have been there. They are not a LFS. They do have parking lot sales on discontinued and returned items occasionally.
guess i just figured since they allowed for local pickup they were

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Robert,

Not sure where you live but I assume close to me since Ripoff and pond is only about 10 minutes from me. If you want to buy premixed salt you can always come over and buy some from me. I always have about 30 or so gallons on hand premixed to 35ppt (1.026)(reef crystals) with 0 tds RO/DI water. I am available most the time on the weekends and weekdays after 6pm. Send me a PM if interested.