posts are not showing or being removed??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had several posts either removed or for some reason not post. is this forum censored? If so who decides what can or can not be posted?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Short answer kind of. If a post blatantly violates forum rules it can and will be removed, but doesn't happen often. I have had a total of two posts removed in 4 years and I don't really have much of an internal filter.

Probably the website being fussy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

http://www.marinecolorado.org/threads/masc-policies.65/

Here is the thread with masc policy stuff... not sure if it helps or not but seemed like an appropriate place to start.

Otherwise synden is the current president. A pm to him with this kind of question may be appropriate. I’m sure he’d be able to answer any question or find the answer.
thanks. i would assume someone would have told me if my posts were against the rules but i have not received any such message. i do have a habit of calling b.s when i see it. maybe someone doesn't like my posts. I guess i will pm synden

Short answer kind of. If a post blatantly violates forum rules it can and will be removed, but doesn't happen often. I have had a total of one post removed in 4 years and I don't really have much of an internal filter.

Probably the website being fussy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app
Maybe i can get some input on if my last post was a blatant violation. I was reading a post about adding a blue tang with a sailfin and this person was told by a store owner to reduce the feeding to help introduce the fish. they also commented on having the cleanest fish around and they qt for 30 days. Having a degree in marine biology i strongly disagreed about the feeding suggestion and a true qt process is much longer than 30 days. And i questioned the claim about having "cleanest fish around" asking if they have inspected all other shops in the CO area and witnessed their qt procedures. Or if they have viewed their animals/water samples under a microscope to see if they are infection free. I have had a few other comments about this same shop emerald reef about their qt claims that i have noticed holes in their claims. perhaps that is why it was removed.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Maybe i can get some input on if my last post was a blatant violation. I was reading a post about adding a blue tang with a sailfin and this person was told by a store owner to reduce the feeding to help introduce the fish. they also commented on having the cleanest fish around and they qt for 30 days. Having a degree in marine biology i strongly disagreed about the feeding suggestion and a true qt process is much longer than 30 days. And i questioned the claim about having "cleanest fish around" asking if they have inspected all other shops in the CO area and witnessed their qt procedures. Or if they have viewed their animals/water samples under a microscope to see if they are infection free. I have had a few other comments about this same shop emerald reef about their qt claims that i have noticed holes in their claims. perhaps that is why it was removed.
So the OP of that thread stated he was looking for a blue tang, your post doesn't further that discussion...but takes a shot at a MASC sponsor. My thought would be if you have a problem with the way somebody is conducting his/her business on MASC than maybe a private message to that person, or to the BOD is more appropriate. It's doesn't need to be a public thrashing of somebody, especially when it is derailing the original thread.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I sent you a PM outlining the policy violations and why these were deleted. If you have further questions or comments please let me know, but please make sure to keep all comments civil and on topic. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.