WW's sutpid awesome 60G nem cube

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
These are awesome photos! Anytime you're down south and want to take some photos of another 60 cube let me know! Haha

rjl45

Clown Fish
I really like your coral shots. Your focal points are perfect and beautiful composition (especially since you are working with limited viewing angles). For underwater macro photography (scuba), I use 2 large strobes, flooding the scene with light, almost always set the aperture to 22, shutter to 125, with iso at 100. I have not tried similar settings with my tank, but I do believe you have inspired me :D Great work!

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks for all the nice comments!

rjl45;366654 said:
I really like your coral shots. Your focal points are perfect and beautiful composition (especially since you are working with limited viewing angles). For underwater macro photography (scuba), I use 2 large strobes, flooding the scene with light, almost always set the aperture to 22, shutter to 125, with iso at 100. I have not tried similar settings with my tank, but I do believe you have inspired me :D Great work!
Thanks, I took all the coral shots at ISO 100 but had to shut off all the pumps and shoot at 1-2 second exposures at f11-f16. Even having all the pumps off with that exposure time things were still moving the tiniest bit and blurring the pictures. I get much more crisp images if I use an off camera flash and bounce light through the tank at an angle but then I struggle with WB correction even in post. I haven't quite figured out WB correction when a flash is involved.

Do you have any suggestions there?

I played around today, and discovered my aquarium leds, even at 100% don't provide as much light as I'm used to with my underwater strobes. I was having to use similar settings; apertures in 5.6-11 range, with shutter speed between 10-20 (way too slow for nice crisp images lol).

Regarding white balance. I had better color rendering when my aquarium lights were closer to the 9k-10k color range. My white balance was thrown way off when I put my aquarium lights to 14k-20k. I kept my white balance on auto and reviewed the color temps in photoshop. The best color match is when my white balance was near 5500k. I had some very weird results with aquarium lighting at 20k. White balance shot up to 10k and was over saturated.

Was about to start playing with my flash, and maybe my underwater strobes when my camera batteries died. So once they recharge, I'll try the flashes and report back with my results.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bajamike;367096 said:
Looks like you are going to have little ones congratz!

They spawn regularly. I can only assume they make tasty little treats for the rest of the tank or get caught in the filter sock and skimmer.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Blowing my mind with those pics Kris!!!! They don't look like they could get anymore clearer! Great job!