Xjmav's 75 Gallon

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I want to start off by thanking everyone for all of their help in getting started. I started out with a 55 Gallon AiO, and after sanding and polishing i knew i wanted a bigger tank. I found a 75 gal RR glass with a 15 ish gallon sump. It is powered by a mag 9, 1-100W heater 1-300w heater, Asm G2 Skimmer with a sedra 3500 pump. 4 bulb T-5 Fixture 2-blue 2-10,000K. Around 80-100 Lbs of dead rock and 80ish lbs of dead sand.

RO Unit Installed

Rinsed sand

Dry Live rock

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I started aquascaping on sunday. Once again thank you for all of the advice on aquascaping. I used a 2 part epoxy putty from Elite Reef as well as added some of their bacteria to help jump start the tank ( after salinity and temp had stabalized)

Bacteria from Elite

Few diffrent scapes i tried out.

Close to what i ended up with

Finished

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Picked up most of my test kits yesterday from Aquamart along with 2.5lbs of rubble to help jump the tank. Woke up thismorning with what i belive to be algae on some of the rocks. Fired the light up a but tonight and a astrina star came out of hiding. Must have been a hitch hiker from the rubble but he is plucked out before he becomes a problem.

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Been a long few weeks waiting on water but I'm psyched now. Hurry up and........ now waiting.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Nice dude! Can't wait to see the progress. Report back on your how your cycling goes. I'm curious how much that store bacteria helps.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks good. Nice stand and canopy as well. Can't wait to come down and check it out.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Looks good for sure and I too like the scape. Lmk when your ready for a tester/beginner coral, I got a few for you.

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;190824 said:
I really like that scape. Any stocking plans yet?
The scape turned out pretty nice. I might move 2 rocks to open a cave opening larger in case the fish hide in there. Not sure on stocking list. All I know is I have to get a clown fish and blue tang for my son.

CRW Reef;190826 said:
Looks good for sure and I too like the scape. Lmk when your ready for a tester/beginner coral, I got a few for you.

Thanks! I hate waiting on this darn cycle!

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ammonia has dropped to almost nothing, nitrites are still peaked. Have some coraline growing on a few spots. I scraped a piece of lr to help speed it up. Little bit of hair algae, but over all looking good. Looking at bigger sumps or connecting 2 together, but not sure yet. Also looking into an ato, tds meter and di canister as well as a larger canopy.

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Installed some temporary moon lights the other day.

off a whim, I decided to check my water and nitrites and ammonia are good to go. The cycle is over. Now I gotta figure out what to put in the tank

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
xjmav;193540 said:
off a whim, I decided to check my water and nitrites and ammonia are good to go. The cycle is over. Now I gotta figure out what to put in the tank

Now the real fun part!...

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Remember to research your fish purchases. It's fun to just buy what you see, but you don't want to buy a fish that's going to grow to like 16".

Have fun and keep us updated.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ya I have heard I need to stock very slowly. Still need to do a water change. Well probably let the tank go another weekor so first just to be safe.,,

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
No problem in taking it slow. I'm sure I told you before, but the only things that happen fast in this hobby are bad.

If you can, sit down and plan out your fish list. It will help keep the impulse buys in check. Will also allow you to know whatyou are going after for when you find one on sale or something.

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Added a vey small cuc yesterday. All seem to be kicking still. Hood was trapping alot of heat in so iadded some vents.in the hood.

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Okay so update time
Tank now has inhabitants.

2 clowns, lawnmower blenny, 6 line wrasse, coral banded shrimp, good cuc, 2 emerald crabs and a few zoas, xenia.

Upgraded to a 20 gal adhi wasnt big enough. Ended up going with an adhi 30 gal with fuge light. Ought to be better. Added a di stage to my ro (thanks Craiger) and another koralia 4. Upgraded the rkl to an rke amd everything is going, just need to get some leds and ill be set. Untill I NEED a bigger tank!