Yellow pseudochromis

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
Howdy all.

I bought a Yellow pseudochromis from Heather over at Elite last night. I'm curious if any of you have any experience with this specific type. This guy/gal (not sure yet) is pretty bright yellow, almost throughout. However if you look very close he/she has a very thin blue edge the length of the dorsal fin, to the tail. He/She is about 3" long right now. I'll TRY to get a pic, but he hides in the rocks, just poking out here and there so far (which might be common from what little I've found). It's highly unlikely I'll get the blue line in the pic at all.

I used to have one of the two tone Yellow/Purple ones years ago. I remember really liking him, but thinking how "common" he was. Always thought about getting a Purple, just never seemed to come to me through "fate". :p

This one really caught my eye. He has shifty eyes, looks to be on the prowl all the time. Looks a lot like a tiny grouper (unlike my Bi-color one which never did).

I've watched him pretty close already under the moon LEDs last night. (room lights were off). He moves around with intention, as though he always just saw something out of the corner of his eye. He often hovers looking straight down, while blowing puffs of water at things in the sand and rocks. As though looking to see if this or that might be eatable. I fed my candy corals during this, and puffed a few krill his way with the turkey baster. Which he did not seam afraid of last night at all. He ate well, as did my skunk cleaner who was nearby eating the blow back. He and the shrimp came nearly face to face. I have absolutely no doubt he saw the shrimp. Yet he didn't really react much to it at all. Heather at Elite said he may kill my Six line Wrasse (who killed all four of my lysmata wurdemanni BTW) . Yet it seams they don't seam to mind each other. I've seen him bite at the side of my Foxface early on, but the Foxface just kind of bowed his body and pushed the pseudochromis to the side, and into a rock. Thus deflecting the bite attempts all together. I'm pretty sure this was just jostling for position/territory. Once he settled in, he and the foxface don't seem to notice each other so much.

The only thing I've seen him do I really didn't LOVE was the foxface incident, and he nipped at one Nassarius snails who came looking for the Krill last night. He's got to be one of the most entertaining fish I've ever has. Bold as can be in some ways, yet unexpectedly not hunting my Shrimp, Hermits or my HUGE emerald crab (although he did lay a good looking on that crab!).

I don't have any specific "questions" about this guy. I'm just slightly worried, (and excited about him too!) as I usually am when adding a new fish.:eek:

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
No. It's a Solid yellow fish.

AND, I just spent the last 9 hours replacing the intake manifold gasket and rear motor mount on my 91 Accord (If you've ever done this you know I'm not in a good mood right now!):mad:

However here is the first pic that comes up on a google search: http://www.qualitymarine.com/Products/Fish/Wild/Pseudochromis/Pseudochromis-fuscus/Yellow.

Here is a better pic somewhere else: http://www.aquariumdomain.com/forum...s-the-Yellow-Dottyback-(Pseudochromis-fuscus)

Although this is a kinda lousy pic, it gives you an idea anyway. He keeps his dorsal and anal fins erect most of the time. Which makes him look more majestic then these pics do.

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp