Zombies almost had to start from scratch rebuild thread.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
This was my tank prior to the marine velvet fiasco that forced me to tear the tank down today.

Tank is a 125 gallon long with a 30 gallon refugium and a 20 gallon sump. I have around 150 lbs of live rock covered with somewhere around 40 different types of coral ranging from zoas to some pretty awesome milles.

Equipment
Reef octopus 150 skimmer
4 Onyx dimmable led lights
2 jebao wp25 pumps
2 hydor korelia pumps
Apex controller w/ 2 EB8, 2 VDM

My fish are now in QT for velvet treatment. Assuming they all survive the treatment, this is my stock list

False Percula Clown
Mandarin Goby
Flame Angel
Blue Tang
Yellow Tang
Melanarus Wrasse
Carpenter Wrasse
Chalk Basslet
2 Blue/Green Chromis
Wheeler Goby
Tiger Pistol Shrimp
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
Coral Banded Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp
Assortment of various snails and hermits

As with any Apex owner that is also an engineer, I have my tank setup to do some pretty sweet things. I simulate both the spectrum and intensity changes of a natural sunrise in the ocean with simulated random cloud cover during the day. I simulate both seasonal and dirunal temperature fluctuations, but I have narrowed the swings by a tad to improve sps growth. I simulate natural tide patterns while maintaining random flow and waves at all times. I also have a rediculous array of failsafes and alarms that make my tank about as close to crash proof as one can get with technology (at least after I get a UPS and emergency generator).

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is why this thread is called a rebuild thread and not a build thread.

Catching every fish in my tank was literally impossible without tearing all of my rockwork out the tangs, angel, bass, and goby are smart, fast, and know better than to go into a fish trap.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I took this as an opportunity to rescape my rockwork and put the anemone where it can actually be seen and enjoyed (hopefully he stays put or at least in the front) I added a bit more negative space and enough room in the front to easily clean the glass. I also rearranged my corals to have a little better color contrast. Since its night right now, thr color balance sucks, but heres my newest FTS after the new scape.

Vdubjetta01

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Saw your post about the outbreak I'm glad someone helped you out with a qt. Also glad to see everything is coming back together I'm diggin on the scape nice caves and places for the fish to swim, nice setup it sounds like your apex is really cool I might need you to come help me setup mine.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Vdubjetta01;313663 said:
Saw your post about the outbreak I'm glad someone helped you out with a qt. Also glad to see everything is coming back together I'm diggin on the scape nice caves and places for the fish to swim, nice setup it sounds like your apex is really cool I might need you to come help me setup mine.
Thanks. Im always down to help people with their apex. Im getting to be almost as active as Russ on the neptune forum, so I know the ins and outs of that controller like the back of my hand.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
So sorry you had to go through all of that, but the new scape is looking pretty spectacular.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
FinsUp!;313683 said:
So sorry you had to go through all of that, but the new scape is looking pretty spectacular.
Thanks.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Now that its daytime I got a change to take some pics while the white leds are on. Pretty much everything but a few of the zoas have perked back up like nothing happened.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
New additions from gonzos today. Hopefully the clam doesnt become a very expensive snack when the fish move back in 2 months.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice set up. Bummer about the outbreak.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Well ya the flame angel might think its a tasty present you have given it, but then it might totally ignore it too. Just have to wait and see

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;314138 said:
Well ya the flame angel might think its a tasty present you have given it, but then it might totally ignore it too. Just have to wait and see
Im hoping the latter. The previous owner kep it with clams without problems so I think im better than 50/50, but you never know. Its still a crapshoot either way.