$20/hr help wanted tank setup

Want help bringing my 700 gallon back to life.

Work needed:
Aquascaping - Have 700 - 1000 pounds of Marco rock
Mount and set up 10 Radion XR30w Pros over 10' x 3' peninsula style tank.
Setup and Program six Vortech MP60s
Setup Reeflink to communicate with Radions and VorTechs
Setup Apex controller to monitor tank settings

If interested please email me at j c c a l l at g m a i l . c o m with pictures of your tank (if applicable) plus any relevant experience setting up equipment similar to what I have.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
fishguy69;346516 said:
Where you located at?
This. If youre not super far away from me, I would gladly set up and program your apex. I am one of the foremost experts on the apex in the world.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
What timeframe are you thinking for this?

zombie;346522 said:
This. If youre not super far away from me, I would gladly set up and program your apex. I am one of the foremost experts on the apex in the world.
Is this sarcasm? :) Otherwise I'm interested. Apex programming is probably one of the later items on the list though...

zombie;346524 said:
What timeframe are you thinking for this?
Well the tank is dry right now. Need to finish sanding and painting my steel bracing, then the aquascaping with the Marco rock. I suppose setting up the Apex can occur at any point though.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
ZenMan;346525 said:
Is this sarcasm? :) Otherwise I'm interested. Apex programming is probably one of the later items on the list though...
That was not sarcasm. I am well known on the neptune forums as one of the leading programming experts (RussM and aquamaniac got me beat though) and I do beta testing for Neptune.

zombie;346527 said:
That was not sarcasm. I am well known on the neptune forums as one of the leading programming experts (RussM and aquamaniac got me beat though) and I do beta testing for Neptune.
Sounds awesome then. Send me a PM with your availability...

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
ZenMan;346528 said:
Sounds awesome then. Send me a PM with your availability...
I'd second Zombie's credibility in the Apex world. Any time I have ever asked him a random Apex question he has responded with clear instructions or links as to how I can fix what I asked about. Great wealth of knowledge on the Apex controller and accessories.

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
zombie;346527 said:
This. @Zombie helped me with some programming recently. Great stuff!

sethsolomon;346596 said:
I will be in Denver in Saturday night if you want to work on your rock stack
Thank you, but it looks like it will take longer than I expected before I'll be ready to put rock back in. The steel eurobrace is all rusted and it is taking much longer than I expected to get the rust off and metal prepped to repaint with epoxy....

Skrappy

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ballistol should be safe to remove any rust. Its what I use to clean my guns. Its mostly mineral oil. Good stuff, works fast, better than WD40 IMO, and much safer to use.

Skrappy;346664 said:
Ballistol should be safe to remove any rust. Its what I use to clean my guns. Its mostly mineral oil. Good stuff, works fast, better than WD40 IMO, and much safer to use.
Thank you, but I think this would leave a residue that would prevent paint from sticking once I have all the old rust and paint removed.

Skrappy

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have done this before with my GF's bike, you are right it does leave a film, but you wipe it down with a dry towel to remove as much as u can, and then use a tiny bit of isopropyl alchohol to get the rest off, then should be able to paint just fine. I had the same worry about this when I was doing it on her bike, so I called Ballistol and their rep told me to do this, guess I should have included that in the first post xD. The paint stuck fine for the 6 months she kept the bike till we sold it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I need help with my tank I don't know if is out of your league but purchased a 210 gallon tank used and the tank under where the filters go is leaking added water came home today water everywhere if u or anyone u know can fix this please let me know 720-903-0330 mario

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Mariof23s;354233 said:
Hi I need help with my tank I don't know if is out of your league but purchased a 210 gallon tank used and the tank under where the filters go is leaking added water came home today water everywhere if u or anyone u know can fix this please let me know 720-903-0330 mario

Where are you located?

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mariof23s;354233 said:
Dam hope ya got a handle on this!!