535 gallon build by Fluid Designers

FluidDesigners

Platinum Sponsors
Platinum Sponsor
We were recently given the green light from one of our clients to begin construction on a 535 gallon build. The tank will be built out of acrylic on site at our location. Measurements are 96 inches long, 48 inches deep, and 36 inches tall. The acrylic is one inch thick. This beast will be a full blown reef when all is said and done. More details to follow but please jump on and follow us on this awesome build! Please feel free to ask questions, add comments, or throw ideas out there! Thanks again for the support!

View attachment 18520 View attachment 18521 View attachment 18522 View attachment 18519 View attachment 18523 View attachment 18524 View attachment 18525

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Damm I want one....looking forward to seeing this beast come together

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Full blown reef with a doser, any reason behind that? Would a calc rx not be a better route on a system that size?

FluidDesigners

Platinum Sponsors
Platinum Sponsor
No calc rx on this set up. The reactors are for the different bio media that will be running. I hope that clears everything up!

opakapaka;301639 said:
Full blown reef with a doser, any reason behind that? Would a calc rx not be a better route on a system that size?

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think he meant on such a large system, dosing it would be more expensive in long run vs RX. Granted with the cash laid out in the pics, I'm sure that's not such a huge concern.

Can't wait to see this thing as it progresses.

FluidDesigners

Platinum Sponsors
Platinum Sponsor
Since we maintain the tank, the customer won't have much cost for dosing. Not really growing lots of of sticks, so we are more comfortable with dosing.
Fitz19d;301671 said:
I think he meant on such a large system, dosing it would be more expensive in long run vs RX. Granted with the cash laid out in the pics, I'm sure that's not such a huge concern.

Can't wait to see this thing as it progresses.

I think you guys are going to be the Colorado version of "Tanked". One thing that the show never states is the total cost of the setups they put on the shows. Would love to know the cost of a huge setup like these. On a side note, can't wait for you guys to open your showroom up, the wife and I will be there a bunch.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I like Tacos;301743 said:
I think you guys are going to be the Colorado version of "Tanked". One thing that the show never states is the total cost of the setups they put on the shows. Would love to know the cost of a huge setup like these. On a side note, can't wait for you guys to open your showroom up, the wife and I will be there a bunch.
+1 million