Anemone issue

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

What do you guys think is going on with this RBTA? The other 5 and the carpet nem look great. It started when the clowns were spawning on an adjacent rock and has only gotten worse.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Picture isn't clear enough to see what is happening.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Added a couple more. The area below the tentacles is part of the nem. I might agree with you Charlie but why would it only be affecting the one nem and not the others.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
The clowns have been beating it up pretty good, but it looks like the tentacles are disappearing.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
In the first photo the purple/greenish part below the tentacles is part of the nem.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Do you run carbon? It it was chemical warfare between nems that might help neutralize it? If you do run carbon, is it exhausted?
I do it’s probably a month old meant to change it Friday but ran out of time. I will change it over tomorrow along with the gfo. If it is chemical warfare why would only one nem be affected though?

Fourthwind

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I do it’s probably a month old meant to change it Friday but ran out of time. I will change it over tomorrow along with the gfo. If it is chemical warfare why would only one nem be affected though?

With nems even different color styles will go to war. IE A rainbow BT and a Rose BT will fight. They will even convert one into another. I had mixed roses, green, and rainbows. Green died, and roses turned into rainbows. All before I learned about the severity of chem warfair. Not sure what the reaction would be between carpets and BT's, but cant believe it would be better.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So I never replaced the carbon or the GFO. I don't know that it was chemical warfare. I think my alpha male clownfish was eating it in response to a clutch of eggs and competition from 2 other male clowns in the tank. A day or two after the nem was trimmed down to nothing the clown died mysteriously. He was a several years old and had been bonded and breeding with the female for few years. I was not able to examine the body since he was being eaten by my coral banded shrimp in the center of the rock pile. Now a couple of weeks later the nem is recovering and the tentacles are growing back.