What reef stores should I visit in Ft. Collins...

Hello MASC. I just moved from Houston to Colorado a couple of months ago and itching to get a new tank started up here. I checked out the reef stores in the Boulder and Denver areas. What are must see stores in Ft. Collins for best corals and livestock that I should visit?

Bob

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Welcome to CO.
Biggs Lagoon in Firestone is a good shop to check out. There is also the Fish Crew in FC and Animal Attractions in Greeley. If you make it down to the Denver area at all be sure to check out Aquatic Art

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
In addition, Alpine Koi is in Fort Collins... they are hit or miss on Livestock, but they have tons of fittings, bulkheads, baskets and all of that.

Thomas Doty

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome Bob! It's been a while since I was at Animal Attractions in Greeley, but they usually have a nice stock of healthy corals and fish. The owner is super nice and will haggle with you if youre trying to get a deal. I almost bought a 6-7 head elegans there for around $70. The staff at Alpine Koi and Reef in ft Collins are also super helpful and knowledgable. I was there last week and saw a good variety of LPS, but not many sps. The fish crew in ft collins is a nice place with a huge saltwater display tank, lots of fresh water shrimp and fish. Their corals are healthy, but priced on the higher end.