anyone plasti dip their whole car?

ailachami

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
anyone plasti dip their whole car?

I did. pretty easy with a hplv sprayer. I bought the ready to spray plastidip in the gallon but still have to thin out with Naphtha vm&p.

Last edited by a moderator:

ailachami

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
the ready to spray is still too thick. I added a cup of vm&p per gallon. prep is always important. and remove tape right away after last coat. once it's dry the tape will peel the plastidip with it.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
ailachami;352042 said:
i had had a black '77 it was sitting in my parents garage in California the last 12 years so they sold it. Bummer. Sweet ride!

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I so want to do my wifes car in some crazy color while shes gone.

How much does it cost to do this, where do you buy the materials?

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nmertz1;352081 said:

My FJ is dipped in gunmetal grey. Has been for 2 years with absolutely no issues. Love it.
Impressive! DIY or have someone do it?

Ambrosio Aquatics

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Nmertz1;352083 said:
I did it myself for about $300 in dip. I put it on pretty thick. I also already had a paint gun. (Don't do it with cans)
nice, do you have paint experience? i was thinking of doing a pearl but i know you need to lay the pearl on much more wet than the standard

I have zero paint skills. Never painted really anything in my life before it. I have a tint in there and had to spray wet (just like the pearl)

Really easy to do

Tangs

Turbo Snail
Buddy of mine did it in Vegas it came out great . He changed colors every month

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
That is awesome. Now you got me thinking about doing it to my wrx

Tangs

Turbo Snail
It was super easy to do plus if u mess up let it dry and remove and start over till u get good at it

SkyDiv3r17

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I did the yellow on my bike (pardon the finger lol). I did it with cans and did about 6 coats. Came out great. It'll last a year or so on a car if it's left out in the sun. Longer if it stays in a garage. If you're trying to cover up a crappy paint job that may be flaking, be aware that if it flakes, so will the dip that's on top. The dip on my bike lasted about 10 months, only because my knees were right on it and poked a hole after that time. I see a lot of cars that are dipped and pearl looks great!