Best online Vendor Perks

Hi im in the early stages of building my 90 gallon Acrylic Reef.Where should i dump my cash for things i plan on getting online.Is there One vendor that gives free stuff as you get points?Any Place that rises above the others as far as Dry goods go.Alot im getttin on Craigs list and stuff..how ever im sure ill be spending a few $$ and i figure ill just throw my bizz to one place.Yes i do Visit my LPS all the time.Thanks guys

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya those are my 2 go-to online retailers, although I only use them for stuff I can't find at one of our sponsors shops.

I will be buying stuff over the next few months depending on the way i go...Havent decided How im going to run my 3foot 90 gallon..However If there is a Referral system let me know if i can get points for another member.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You are gonna usually pay more to get rewards and points - BRS, for example, is rarely the cheapest place to buy from. For MAP stuff, please buy locally. You might get a few dollars in points from a web site, but the product is the same price and it is better to keep your money local, IMO. The few local stores that I visit save nice livestock for me and call me every once in a while if a rare fish that I want is available that week - this is worth WAY more than points, IMO.

High quality used helps hobbyists who are getting out of the hobby and stuff. There are some risks, so I look to pay no more than 50 cents on the dollar for good used stuff since the warranty is usually gone or ending - most of the stuff that I buy lasts years and years out of warranty (tunze), so this is not a huge risk for me. Moreso of a risk if you are buying tech that also works to run a reef tank.

Thomas Doty

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ive purchased from brs plenty, but ive found all my best deals from local stores and reefers. You can find any designer frag 1/2 price local, as well as used gear from people upgrading or pitched at stores. I wish i had been more patient sourcing gear for my first tank, would have literally saved 1000s

Oh thanks for the heads up ya i havent gotten anything besides a few small odds and ends..the tank i bought 20years ago and Marine depot is closed down now..livestock id only trade with friends or buy preQuarantined from a few vendors that do it to feed kids.Its the rock that costs alot (which i have most of)and Water/Utilitys...most stuff ill get used but not electronics.