Blender v Rics

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I figure if no one is showing interest in the buy thread I have, then it will be the same story as the green palys I'm trying to give away, they just sit there. Might as well experiment and record my efforts

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
well from what i understand the ric's excrete a chem that put the fish or whatever to sleep , so dry them out ground them up snort a line wet some and shoot it up and put some in a gel cap and eat it lol . then let us know the results , if we dont hear back from you we will assume the worst .

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
deadrock;56500 said:
well from what i understand the ric's excrete a chem that put the fish or whatever to sleep , so dry them out ground them up snort a line wet some and shoot it up and put some in a gel cap and eat it lol . then let us know the results , if we dont hear back from you we will assume the worst .
to complicated ...cook it ....lol

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
cooking it might break down the chem or it might make it stronger lol.

why dont you see if you can propogate them like nem's and cut it in half

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you can cut it in half, how about 3, no wait 5, if I get a Ginsu knife.....wait,........the Cuisinart, thats the ticket.
How much of the mushroom do you really need?
They are in the same family as nems, like aiptasia, which, if you scrape them across the rock you get a billion of them scattered not only on the rock, but else where in the system.
So where do we draw the line?
How far can we push this envelope?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
so if i scrape my BTA across the rock i'll get a billion> ...who wants a BTA $5 ...lol

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
wicked demon;56513 said:
which, if you scrape them across the rock you get a billion of them.
This, however is the limiting factor. Aiptasia is one of the few creatures that reproduces via pedal laceration. This means that if cut or damaged, or even if the anemone moves to a new location and leaves a tiny piece of its foot behind that foot can then grow into an asexual clone anemone of the original. Regular commonly available anemones do not reproduct this way, hence the need to cut them through the mouth. If they did reproduce this way it would make it much easier to propagate anemones.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
But,,..(as all the old timers know) how many times hve you had an undesireable mushroom that you scrape off, or kalk nuke, just to have it (or 5) come right back?

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
correct, my response was in regard to anemones.

Corallimorphs do reproduce via pedal laceration and longitudinal fission.

For ricordea in particular, R. yuma reproduces readily via longitudinal fission and pedal laceration, while R. florida tends to reproduce primarily via longitudinal fission.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
so, into the blender a few shrooms go....
I would be more than willing to try this on a few of my shrooms, just dont have a tank to designate to the experiment.

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
he he he lol what have i started
lol thi is itresting i cant wait to see the results i have a green fuzzy and a large red mushi i might try this on .
has any one ever tried this before???

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've heard of people doing it. It works according to them.
I think I'd just cut a shroom into 10 pieces max. I'd be worried about some of the shreds not healing and dying in the tank.