BOD Nomination Thread

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
All,

As many of you are aware the Vice President position has not been filled since our last election cycle. We would like to fill this position sooner rather than wait until June of next year to increase the participation we have on the board as well as help with the assigned duties of that position.

Please keep this thread to nominations, seconds, and acceptance of nominations only. I will validate all nominee's meet the criteria as stated in the bylaws. If you have any questions that are not answered in this post please PM me or contact any member of the Board.

Positions for Election:
Vice President - Empty
Member At Large - Empty

Bylaws
VI.3. To stand for election, a person must be a Member in good standing, over the age of 18, who has attended at least two Society meetings in the previous twelve calendar months.
VI.4. Nominations for officers shall take place the first two weeks of June in election years. The Webmaster and Membership Chair will assist in determining eligibility of the nominated persons to run for office. Elections shall take place on the Society website during the third week of June. The Webmaster is responsible for administering the election process. The newly elected officers shall assume office on July 1st of each year in with the new fiscal calendar.
VI.5. The terms of office for Board members shall not exceed two consecutive three-year terms in the same office for officer positions; Member at large positions will be two years in length with no term limits, this length is to allow for board continuity rather than having constantly switching members who must consistently relearn the duties and expectations of the position and also to allow for long term goals of the club.
VI.5.a The following positions will be up for elections starting in 2012 followed with new elections every 3 years: Vice-President, Secretary. In 2013 the following positions will be up for election in 2013 followed by new elections every 3 years: President, Treasurer. Two Member at large positions will be elected in 2013 for two year terms and the remaining two positions will be up for election in 2014 and will consist of the most recently filled member at large positions as of the approval of these bylaws.

Nominations will be received through Dec 6.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
+1 to Khalis for VP

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bajamike;279642 said:
Khalis (jahamic) sp? For VP

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
+1 for Khalis also.

Also please do not nominate me, I am not interested in being on the BOD this year. Maybe next but I have plans this coming year that won't alolow this.

Scott I think you're awesome I just want to see what Khalis can do for the group. Please don't get hate me lol

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Accepted. Thanks all :)

...and bump. Need to get the BOD filled so keep the nominations coming.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I don't believe the bylaws call for a second on nominations

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
The bylaws (as most recently amended Nov 2012 and approved by the community) do not describe the voting process or format of how it is to be conducted. The format used for this nomination has been used for several years and several elections with out contest. Its has been a requirement of this format as stated above that the nominations be seconded.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Please make sure They are more clear in the future as I read that seconds are allowed in this thread but not required also in years past after the nomination period people have been allowed the chance to accept nominations