Breeding Clowns (Snowflake+Wyoming White=Frostbite?)

Aaron

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
After doing a ton of research I finally tried to raise some baby clown fish. It's day 16 and I've got 6 of them through metamorphosis. From what I read things should get easier from here.

Here's the mom I bought 2 years ago.
http://alphaaquaculture.com/store/index.php/hall-of-fame/sa-fancysnow-premium-87.html

I don't have a picture of the dad, but he is equally as nice looking for a Wyoming White.

The babies are about 1/8 of an inch but their white is already starting to show very well. Keeping my fingers crossed for some really nice looking Frostbites.

View attachment 21507 View attachment 21508 View attachment 21509

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Awesome. Congrats. Have you checked out the most recent issue of Coral Magazine? It was focused on breeding fancy clowns - lots of good info.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Love my frostbites! Best of luck on these, if you get some nice ones youll be banking for sure!!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Awesome man!

Aaron

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
The clowns are doing great! They are still very small ~0.25" but look amazing. I have 3 frostbites and 2 snowflake(ish) clowns. The frostbites are going to be absolutely stunning even at this size they have a ton of black flecks.

My plan is to grow them out to about ~1" before I offer them up on the forum. I had no idea this would take 5-6months so I have a new respect for breeders.

The parents are still spawning regularly on a 2-3 week cycle. Unfortunately, I lost my rotifer culture while on a business trip so I haven't harvested any fry recently, but will probably start again after the holidays.

I will try to grab some pictures today or tomorrow and post.

Aaron

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry about the rotation, apparently the MASC website will decide whatever orientation it wants if you upload pictures from a macbook even though they are properly rotated on my end.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
chswkt;335551 said:
Sorry about the rotation, apparently the MASC website will decide whatever orientation it wants if you upload pictures from a macbook even though they are properly rotated on my end.
Looks good in the tapatalk app.

The babies look great.