DIY Lid

I've seen chatter on here before of people who have made lids for other members. Was wondering if anyone could help me out. I've got a Fluval 13.5 that I would like to put a nice little acrylic and mesh lid on or if someone has tips or pointers on how to build one I'm all ears.

I made a lid for my 50gal tank using the screen door framing from home Depot and then bought the clear mesh and rimless tank clips from BRS and it fits perfectly and looks really great without much work

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya lots of options, especially for smaller tanks like that. You can buy kits from BRS, or make one from home depot with plastic meshing, or you can get some scrap acrylic from Plasticare to make one.
I also make lids with 3d printed frames. The frames aren't clear like acrylic ones but I can do in a variety of colors, and they are much lighter and generally a bit cheaper too. For a tank that size I'd do it for around 50.

Ya lots of options, especially for smaller tanks like that. You can buy kits from BRS, or make one from home depot with plastic meshing, or you can get some scrap acrylic from Plasticare to make one.
I also make lids with 3d printed frames. The frames aren't clear like acrylic ones but I can do in a variety of colors, and they are much lighter and generally a bit cheaper too. For a tank that size I'd do it for around 50.
Thanks for the info I'll probably try and do the DIY method first but if I feel like a custom printed option may look better I'll let you know.