Event Location

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ok Folks....Thanks to the help from Cindy we have got a bit further on an option for Reef ED. The place we have got the best quote from thus far is the.......

Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood (clickable)

7390 West Hampden at Wadsworth
Lakewood, CO 80227
(clickable)

Saturday April 19th, 2014 (clickable ;))
Looks as if the total cost out the door no matter what would be $1,406.25.

This includes:
- 80'x55' ballroom
- power for vendors
- water stations
- vendor tables and linens
- projector screen and projector
- night before setup - 8-10pm (no additional charge)
- space reserved from 7am -7pm

Last edited by a moderator:

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
"Saltwater Lobbyist Event" :)

Since I wasn't on the BOD last year...how does this place compare as far as size/price goes? I don't think space was an issue last year...but would be hesitant to book a room much smaller than what we had.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Well I can tell you its cheaper and bigger than last year. I know the ball room was 60' x 30' last year and this one is 80' x 55'. I believe by the time we got past all the audio/video, electrical and such we were almost at $2k something (not sure Adam hopefully has the final number).

Far as the space size last year....I think it was ok and wasn't terribly crowded, but I agree no way we can go any smaller. I think this bigger room size can be just right, esp for the demos and such we will be needing space for.

Last edited by a moderator:

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I get limited access (just to this thread, I think) because I'm on the Committee of ReefEd Cool Kids. LOL

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ok looks to me that we are all on board with this with the exception of Adam. I would like to get his input on this since he is the Treasurer and he does a great job at dotting all the I's on things for us.

We have until I think Tuesday to decide before they release the hold so hopefully well get this hashed out prior.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Ok guys and gals I think the place is great (Great work and thanks to Cindy!!)

Only issue is the date. 4/19/13 is the SCMAS meeting and I think we should plan this on a date with no conflicts to try and bring the largest crowd.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
What about 4/12 or 4/26 ??

I'll also try to find the final numbers from last year I have them at home.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks for catching the conflicting dates.

Any chance we can shift the date by a week on either side and still get the same price?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Really SCMAS already knows their schedule for April? or is it no matter what the 3rd Saturday of every month?

Ill call and see as I know the 12th was available yesterday.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
OK the 12th is open and I am getting a new contract sent to me now. I will get it posted up here and sent Adam a copy to look over and sign with me. If there is anyone that has anything else to say regarding booking this location good or bad, say now or for ever hold your peace :D

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
CRW Reef;279673 said:
Really SCMAS already knows their schedule for April? or is it no matter what the 3rd Saturday of every month?

Ill call and see as I know the 12th was available yesterday.

Yes to both questions.