Favorite coral

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I thought it would be fun to have a thread where people could post a picture or two of their favorite coral that they own.

My favorite was my very first coral. Got it from a guy named Moe, I think he's on this site. Thanks Moe! I got it with some live rock for my very first saltwater tank. A little 10 gallon lol with a 4 stage Fluval filter, it was very noob hehe. Anyway he gave me a great deal on a few pounds of rock, gave me tips to help me get started and sent me on my way.

Next day I see these things on one of the rocks. I didn't know what they were and only things I could find on line were aiptasia. I freaked out and almost killed them. Then I looked into aiptasia more and determined that's not what they were. I still thought they were some strange anemone and feared they would get big and eat my clowns so I tried selling them on craigslist. No one offered. After a month I saw them on another forum and what a relief they're coral! They got a little bigger and here they are still alive still nice and doing great. They're hardy little guys.

Apparently they don't reproduce often still can't frag. I still have the original four. They are a common species in the gulf/florida area yet I hardly ever see them. I think they are also forbidden to harvest in the wild I read that somewhere but now can't find that article. There isn't a whole lot of information about them but they don't need light and I spot feed them when I feed my sun coral. Anyway they're not bright and eye popping but they're still neat little corals that flow in the current. They are "Hidden cup coral."

View attachment 4577

Here's a pic of my first 10 gallon tank about 2-3 weeks after I got it going. :p

View attachment 4578

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah Im lazy...

That is one of the coolest Euphyllias I have seen!

My fav. [attachment=60752:name]Daylight

Actinic-hard to capture, but the whole thing glows like the one you see from an angle at the top.
[attachment=60753:name]