Gauging interest

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
For some time i have been building "Shells" made out of various woods. The 2 pictured are made from Zebra wood and Red Wood.
They take a few days to complete, depending on the hardness of the wood ( did one in Purple Heart, was referred to as a soft rock).
Its a little late to make them for Christmas, but would anyone be interested in buying them?

Not sure on pricing but thinking about $80 to start.

Let me know what you think, and if it would be something you might be interested in. I can make them out of any type of wood too.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks, they are fun to do, and thats what I am giving everyone for Christmas. Finishing up 2 made from Hawaiian Monkey Pod. I'll post picts when they are finished

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks everyone. Here is one of the Monkey Pod, still needs a few more coats of Poly. but the yellow is amazing

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hmm, maybe, i would have to play around with it a bit. would have to figure out a way to make rings, as of now, each segment is a U

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
halmus;n663920 said:
Really nice work! What are the approximate dimensions of the finished product?
Thanks, varies from one to the next, but the mouth is about 5.50" wide, 3" high and 5" long

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Beautiful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
TheRealChrisBrown;n664149 said:
How did everybody like them?
They loved them. My old dispatcher who got the Babinga one, her son in law kept trying to steal it. My neighbors brother in law wouldnt let me leave until i showed him the process lol. Seeing a theme with in laws here

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
halmus;n664159 said:
My wife and I are interested in one. We're just trying to figure out what kind of wood. We'll PM soon.
Cool, let me know, I am in AZ until the end of the week.
I have more Monkeypod, and some spalted Maple is on its way. I have Lacewood, Paduac, Redwood and Zebrawood on hand.
I have katalox, but have not messed with it yet, I think its harder than purple heart though.
If i have time i might see if anyone local has some desert Ironwood.