Help me mount some AI Sols

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just purchased a couple of the sols and need some ideas on how to mount them. Don't have the hanging kit and they are going on a canopy 4x4 square with no top. Would prefer to just go to Home Depot today and get this done

aztecdreams;200937 said:
Just purchased a couple of the sols and need some ideas on how to mount them. Don't have the hanging kit and they are going on a canopy 4x4 square with no top. Would prefer to just go to Home Depot today and get this done
I mounted my Evos yesterday. I didn't know how to approach this so I will share my two cents worth with you. I purchased all of my materials from Home Depot. I bought zinc rods that would fit through the holes on the lighting units. I then took stainless steel electrical jackets/u brackets and drilled the top of the brackets with a large enough hole to fit the rods. The rods can be cut to length with a hack saw. I then installed the brackets with screws, inserted the rods, and installed the other side of the brackets. My lights are on a level surface area and then can be slid from front to back to create space for cleaning, etc. I am not handy at all but I was happy with the way it came out.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do you have pics of the brackets? Sounds like what I had in mind. I was going to use unistrut and threaded rod but I like the way you can slide yours

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Did you see the way Mike hung his lights? He put angle brackets on them, then 1x1 or 1x2 boards spaced out just enough so that he could slide the lights in. I guess you can slide them side to side of you want to. His was also topless

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
MikeM;200938 said:
I mounted my Evos yesterday. I didn't know how to approach this so I will share my two cents worth with you. I purchased all of my materials from Home Depot. I bought zinc rods that would fit through the holes on the lighting units. I then took stainless steel electrical jackets/u brackets and drilled the top of the brackets with a large enough hole to fit the rods. The rods can be cut to length with a hack saw. I then installed the brackets with screws, inserted the rods, and installed the other side of the brackets. My lights are on a level surface area and then can be slid from front to back to create space for cleaning, etc. I am not handy at all but I was happy with the way it came out.
What section did you find this in? I'm gonna head over and check it out

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
MikeM;200938 said:

aztecdreams;200959 said:
I picked up the brackets in electrical.
They come in packs of four and they are a couple
bucks each. I went with 1 1/4 inches so they could
be drilled.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is what I did over my 2x2 cube. DIY hanging kit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2