Does my TTM plan sound good?

zatch

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I broke down and purchased a few of my 'grail' fish today, a Borbonius Anthias and White-tail Bristletooth Tang
View attachment 18071

They are shipping out next week, but I am getting my QT setup ready. I've heard Anthias respond very poorly to Copper treatments, so I plan to employ the Tank Transfer Method, with a dose of Prazipro at the end, and switch to a copper treatment only if something comes up...

It looks like since my last tank, Humblefish has pioneered a method where TTM is also effective against velvet, which more or less involves transferring every 36 hours for the first several cycles vs 72hrs to break the velvet cycle, then it transitions back to the 72h method to finish of the ich. Has anyone tried this?

Here is the plan thus far:
Day 1 – Formalin dip/fish in tank
Day 2 – 1st transfer at 36 hours
Day 4 – 2nd transfer at 36 hours
Day 5 – 3rd transfer at 36 hours
Day 7 – 4th transfer at 36 hours
Day 10 – 5th transfer at 71 hours (Start Prazi)
Day 13 – 6th transfer at 71 hours

My QT tanks are 10gal ea, separate equipment for each of course, and the fish coming in should be about 2"(Anthias) and 2.5-3"(tang). I'm assuming they'll be fine in a 10g together without being cramped

Am I missing anything here?!?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Borbonius is my favorite anthias. Going to put some in my big tank eventually. One thing to keep in mind with them: they come from deep water so the first few days you have them in qt you should keep it unlit, and even blacked out if you can, and then slowly adjust them to being in the light. They can shock easily during the initial stage so it can help them get through it a bit easier.