ID flatworms?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hard to tell. I would hit em with flatware exit anyway just to play it safe.

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Good article, thanks for posting it. A word of caution if you decide to use flatworm exit, or levamisole in your tank. I have done cycles of both treatments successfully installed two different tanks in the past and it has had a negative effect on my echinoderms (starfish, sea cucumbers, and urchins). Their flared gills, slow movement, falling over upside down, and general suffering is hard to watch. All survived but if I ever had to do that series of treatments again I would remove them for the duration.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I don't think they are a threat. They don't look like any of the AEF species and since I've only noticed them on the glass in the 40 with all of the pods I think they may be feasting on them.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Treating with Flatworm exit is a pain. I did it on the 360 and it required a lot of attention. I am all for leaving harmless species alone. I think it adds an interesting level of diversity.

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
MuralReef;360741 said:
I am all for leaving harmless species alone. I think it adds an interesting level of diversity.
I'm with you on that, I love finding new tiny critters in the tank..... usually.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
MuralReef;360741 said:
Treating with Flatworm exit is a pain. I did it on the 360 and it required a lot of attention. I am all for leaving harmless species alone. I think it adds an interesting level of diversity.
I felt the same was and then out of the blue their population boomed out of control and became a nuisance. It took almost a year for that to take place (my guess is my mandarin and wrasses decided they didn't like the taste of them anymore).

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
jda123;360752 said:
Get them early. If you get too many, their toxins can kill your fish and inverts when you treat for them.
Funny you just posted, Im reading your "aefw: in tank whooping" thread on rc right now.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Guys this post is 2 years old! I don't recall if they were or not, but I am not worried about it anymore!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Get a scooter blenny and target mandarin, problem solved