ID your coral/fish/etc

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hopefully this isn't a repeat but I didn't see a sticky for this (searched back a year) . Maybe we could make one.

The object is to post a pick here instead of creating a whole new thread (there are a bunch)

So here is one I need a name for..

The picture doesn't capture the amazingness I saw :) I looked online and the only thing I could see that was close is the Tyree LE Red Watermelon Alien Eye. I know that the Tyree one is pinker and you have that ember orange but I think you said it was more pink when you got it. If anyone knows for sure that would be awesome.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Stickied

cent36

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Need an ID

So late tonight, I turned the light on where my sump is and noticed "new" life. A couple of things actually. I know my pics aren't great, but I tried to get the best ones possible.

1- There is some cobweb/spiderweb like stuff near a rock. You will see it in one of the pictures
2- There are some worm like things coming up out of the rock sticking straight up with what look like small polyps on them. I thought they were flowing in the water, but then they would abruptly shrink away and in some cases, bend over, then extend again. They were moving independent of the water flow.

You have to look closely at the pics to see everything but here they are....

[attachment=67904:name]

The cobweb things look like a vermetid worm, they put webs in the water and pull them back in and eat the poop the web collects. I know others have mixed reviews on them but if they are not directly bothering a coral I leave em be. Gl on the other worm ID, im not sure.

cent36

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just looked again, and they are all over the place. At least 10 that I counted
Here are a few other pics that are better...

[attachment=67906:name]

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Picked up another frag that I don't know what it is. Guy at LFS said it just came in as "assorted frag" anyone know what it is?
sorry about the crap photo.