ULM cubicle reef

Well I think I found a sample solution For the autowater change tubing. I simply put these push to connect fittings on the chaeto media rack.
I only need 2 but I put all four for now. I like this because I can pull water from here since the water level here doesn’t change. Only issue is the inlet and outlet for the water change are so close I might be pulling out fresh water. But give and take with these little tanks. It should be too much of an issue since the water does move through here fairly quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I just need to model up a fixture for the probes to make it better.

Anyone have a laser cutter or CNCrouter on here that could cut me a small piece of acrylic?

Ended up starting off with a lemon damsel
And a six line wrasse.

Hope these weren’t bad choices. I was going to get clowns but couldn’t find a pair I really liked.
Hopefully adding the clowns later won’t cause them to get bullied too much.

Since the radions are at my office, I jimmy rigged the Kessil A80 I have left over. Man I really love the Kessil shimmer. I think I’ll end up taking it to work as well.

Bout time to get started on the stand! Got the rough limber jointed and planned.... well one of each at least.

Bonus points for who can guess the species of wood

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

Ended up starting off with a lemon damsel
And a six line wrasse.

Hope these weren’t bad choices. I was going to get clowns but couldn’t find a pair I really liked.
Hopefully adding the clowns later won’t cause them to get bullied too much.

Since the radions are at my office, I jimmy rigged the Kessil A80 I have left over. Man I really love the Kessil shimmer. I think I’ll end up taking it to work as well.

Make sure to introduce the clowns in a breeder box. Damsels and 6 line are very aggressive to newcomers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Pretty hard to tell from the picture and just edge grain but looks a whole lot like red oak.

If you need help fabricating the acrylic holder you mentioned, let me know. I don’t have a CNC (yet) or laser etching system (yet) but I’d give away my wife’s dog for one in a heartbeat. That sort of thing should be doable on conventional woodworking equipment but it depends how intricate and pretty you need it to be.

Pretty hard to tell from the picture and just edge grain but looks a whole lot like red oak.

If you need help fabricating the acrylic holder you mentioned, let me know. I don’t have a CNC (yet) or laser etching system (yet) but I’d give away my wife’s dog for one in a heartbeat. That sort of thing should be doable on conventional woodworking equipment but it depends how intricate and pretty you need it to be.
Since it’ll be so tight I don’t think I can hold the tolerances with my wood working tools. I may end up just 3D printing something at work

Can’t decide which way to go....

So I still need panels for the stand. I have this big chunk of African Mahogany that I could resaw and make bookmatched panels
But I’m not sure the brown of the walnut and the red of the mahogany would go well together.
Here is a picture of the oiled mahogany for a better color reference.

So either I use the mahogany
Or
I just go get some walnut plywood for the panels...

Well I finally got started on the water change stand

Gluing up the half laps

I’m not sure what you call this.... reinforced half half lap?

Simple little “fullness” gauge

Leak testing