J.guokas' photography

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I wanted to start a thread to post some of my photos. I post pics in my tank thread but not many people see them so this is strictly for my pics. I love getting feedback and any tips or advice is very welcome. It will be mostly tank pics but I might sneak in some other pics that I have taken. Thanks for taking a look.

GN138

Turbo Snail
What camera and lens are you using? I just started to learn to use my camera (in manual mode instead of auto). Been taking tons of pics but I need to get a better scraper for my glass and also found out my zoom lens is probably broken as it doesn't work via manual focus. Nice pics!

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
GN138;286082 said:
What camera and lens are you using? I just started to learn to use my camera (in manual mode instead of auto). Been taking tons of pics but I need to get a better scraper for my glass and also found out my zoom lens is probably broken as it doesn't work via manual focus. Nice pics!
It's a canon t3i with the stock lens. I am saving up for some more lenses. A nice macro would be awesome but that will break the bank. Shooting in manual mode takes some getting used to but once you get it you will be able to take some awesome pics.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
MartinsReef;286093 said:
love it! I want to learn more about using my camera.
What kind of camera do you have? It took me a while to figure it out but there are tons of you tube videos and other resources that are a huge help. Honestly for me I just play with all the settings and see what I like as opposed to going by what other photographers say is the right way to do it. What looks good to them won't necessarily look good to you. For example I took this pic a week after getting the camera when I had no idea what I was doing and it is one of my best photos to date.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
fishguy69;286114 said:
Frame this mutha!!! WOW
I'm workin on it. Need to find somewhere that will print a tiff file as apposed to jpeg. Jpeg looks too grainy when you blow it up.

I love the forest one and that last nem pic. Stunning

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I also wanted to mention here that I would love to get more experience with taking pictures of other people's tanks. My 30 gallon doesn't exactly have very many options to take pics of. If you're interested in getting some pics of your tank let me know.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Come on by I have some frags for you my halides are on from 11 - 6 trade frags for pictures :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bajamike;286148 said:
Come on by I have some frags for you my halides are on from 11 - 6 trade frags for pictures :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
That sounds like a perfect deal to me. I'll let you know when I can come by. I'll bring the wife so her and cindy can catch up.